Any good 4x4 specializing mechanics in SC WI? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Wisconsin Jeep Forum > Any good 4x4 specializing mechanics in SC WI?

New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery MountsComplete Axle Options Expanded !!!! ECGSNEW Smittybilt Gen 2 9.5 winch at JeepHut.com

Unread 10-18-2011, 10:29 PM   #1
lookmanohands
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Any good 4x4 specializing mechanics in SC WI?

I live in Delavan and am wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a decent mechanic. I want to get a re-gear and Truetrac install done and since my jeep is my daily driver, I don't want to risk screwing it up myself. I don't know anyone who has had much luck with the local mechanics in Delavan (got told by one that it would be $300 to fix a bent tie-rod on my old AMC Rebel which cost $60 from autozone, another one said he used a pry bar to tilt the engine on my mother's mini-van to reach the plugs easier). Anyway, any recommendations?

lookmanohands is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2011, 10:46 AM   #2
wwjeeper
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Moose's 4x4 in slinger, anything i can't do my self i take to them. Not sure how far away that is from you, but i drive from Whitewater there (over a hour) and it is well worth the drive. Also, wherever you take it avoid at all costs Dave's HD Truck and 4x4, took my jeep there for the original lift over 2 years ago and i think i have finally fixed all the problem that came with their installation.
wwjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2011, 03:30 PM   #3
lookmanohands
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I used to work in Slinger doing cable installs. It's about 1h45m away from me. Hoping for something closer, but if they do great work it might be worth it. Have you ever gotten a re-gear there? Know what they would charge for labor on an axle rebuild?
lookmanohands is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 11:48 PM   #4
wwjeeper
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I have only had a few things done there, Track-bar, tie rod end, and some welding. Their prices are reasonable and they are very fast.
wwjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2011, 06:19 AM   #5
Fawkes
WJ recovery gear

2000 WJ 

I'll second Moose's. While I do all my own wrenching, the owner is a friend of a hunting buddy of mine, and everyone of my co-workers (mechanics - I work on tractor/trailers) thinks I'm nuts for not just dropping the WJ off at Moose's instead of banging my knuckles on the heap in my off hours.

So while I need to add the disclaimer that I've never had them do any work for me, they are darn near universally recommended locally, and I have seen some of their work (mostly Chevy's)... it's very good.

When I end up getting some lockers, Moose's will be doing the install.

Click to order:
WJ Stand-Alone Shackle Tabs.
WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Kits.

Kris Fox
kfox@fawkesmfg.com
www.fawkesfab.com
Fawkes is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.