Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Trail Info for Northern New Mexico

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Gymguyjeep 
#1 ·
Looking to spend some time with family around the Carson National Forest and Santa Fe National Forest areas of Northern New Mexico during the first week of July. Could anyone give me some trail information in this area?

#3 ·
Our plans are to stay in the "Magic Circle" area consisting of Taos, Red River and Eagle Nest. I am specifically looking for trails in this area. I have seen information about Goose Lake and we will probably do this trail. I would like to find trails that are challenging but not too extreme that offer great scenery. I have ordered a maps of the Carson NF and Santa Fe NF from the forest service and should have them within a couple of days, so if someone could give me some basic directions to Jeep trailheads I think I could find it.

Anyone on this forum who has Jeeped in this area and has some good ideas, please share information. We will be in the area for several days and Off-road exploring is what we like to do with our vacation time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.