Ruidoso New Mexico Camping/Wheeling - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > New Mexico Jeep Forum > Ruidoso New Mexico Camping/Wheeling

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CJeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs andStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 07-27-2009, 11:24 AM   #1
sknowskier
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Ruidoso New Mexico Camping/Wheeling

Anybody out there from Ruidoso? I'm wanting to take the family out there for the weekend. My daughter just got her first Jeep so I thought we'd take it on a few easy trails to see how she likes it. If she drives it even close to the way she drives a 4-wheeler she'll be hooked from the start and I'll have a heck of a time keeping up with her.

Unread 07-29-2009, 05:26 PM   #2
warren977
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Not Sure about ruidosobut there are some excellent trails around las cruces. It's another 1.5 to to the west from there. I believe the the local club is called the ridge runners. I think they have some easy stuff nearby.
warren977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2009, 05:29 PM   #3
warren977
2003 TJ Wrangler 

heres ther website http://www.zianet.com/ruidosoridgerunners/index.html
warren977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2009, 07:00 AM   #4
sknowskier
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks I'll check them out.
Unread 03-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #5
nefiwashere
2001 TJ Wrangler 

going to be in ruidoso on the march 19 and 20 and wanted to know of some good trails to hit while im there. nothing to hard since i will be alone and unfamiliar with the area. unless theres a group planing to go out on one of those days than ill be interested in taging along. have a jeep wrangler with 4 inch lift with 33" tires. i did check out the site above but they dont have any trail maps. any info is appreciated thanks
nefiwashere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 09:23 PM   #6
chocolab
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Nefi I'm in Roswell.... I only know of the forest roads in the area. If you want I can meet up with you. Just got my jeep a couple of weeks ago and want to just not by myself. I work in the area so I know where alotthe roads are. PM if interested
chocolab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2011, 05:30 PM   #7
nefiwashere
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolab View Post
Nefi I'm in Roswell.... I only know of the forest roads in the area. If you want I can meet up with you. Just got my jeep a couple of weeks ago and want to just not by myself. I work in the area so I know where alotthe roads are. PM if interested
i got in contact with the NM Ridge Runners Club and there having a meet Saturday. there going to do a run to hail lake. told me to meet them at holiday inn express on highway 70(400 West Highway 70) at 10:30am. also to pack a lunch, water, a chair. so im sure it would be no problem if you go.

link to pictures of there previous run to hale lake

http://www.zianet.com/ruidosoridgerunners/New%20Pic/Hale%20Lake/album.html
nefiwashere is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.