Red River - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > New Mexico Jeep Forum > Red River

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 08-06-2014, 10:55 AM   #1
REYAZ
2013 JK Wrangler 

Red River

My son and I are headed to Red River NM. For a 3 day trip any advice on trails around the area.

REYAZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2014, 11:27 PM   #2
herrmc
1986 CJ7 

Hello Fellow Okie!

My two sons, and my brother just rolled into town tonight.... and 3 more showing up tomorrow...... We are from around Chandler, Ok.

- We came through here about a month ago and did the greenie peak trail.... it was a real good trail..... I think the plan is to run Goose Lake tomorrow.... and if time permits we may do Greenie Peak and Midnight Meadows?

- We are only here for tomorrow... then moving on to the Durango / Silverton area for 2 more days jeeping (Fri and Sat)... then back home on Sunday....
herrmc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2014, 11:30 PM   #3
herrmc
1986 CJ7 

More Info

Go to the Visitor / Convention center in red river.... they give out a free map (by the forest service).... and also sell another map for $5 (worth it)....

- We are having trouble finding Ethanol Free gas in town.... if you haven't already fill up before coming (if that is an issue for you).....

- I filled the jeep up prior to coming... but the ATV's are empty.....
herrmc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2014, 07:01 AM   #4
REYAZ
2013 JK Wrangler 

Ok Thanks for the info. We may just go ahead and go to Durango. The weather look like it is going to be bad in Red River
REYAZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2014, 06:55 AM   #5
h2ogun
2006 TJ Wrangler 

This Video has almost all the trail in the immediate area of Red River NM.

For some reason jeepforum indicates the video is not there, but click on the youtube in the green bar above the message.

YouTube (Short URL)
?start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>
h2ogun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.