Off road camping? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > New Mexico Jeep Forum > Off road camping?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 08-12-2012, 06:54 AM   #1
Icehusky
2009 JK Wrangler 

Off road camping?

Hey guys,
Im brand new (like 10 min) to this form and have only had a jeep for a few months. And for that time I have been out of the country and unable to use it haha.
When I get back I want to take my wife camping. But shes not a back packer (yet) this will hopefully show her how much fun it can be and make her want to do more.
Is there any place people know of you can just drive to that is remote/pretty, just park, and camp by your vehicle. If there was like a mountain trail or something to a lake that would be perfect.

PS my jeep is a 2009 wrangler unlimited stock (currently) so nothing crazy lol.
Thanks for any suggestions!

Icehusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 07:20 AM   #2
Gymguyjeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Go to Lincoln NF Guadalupe Ranger District west of Carlsbad. Lots of neat places to hike, some easy stock trails and camp wherever you want.

1993 XJ Cherokee - 3" Lift, 31" tires
Previous Jeeps - 1981 CJ-5, 1985 CJ-7
Gymguyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 03:46 PM   #3
Issacd
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Anywhere in Lincoln National Forest is good, other than what is closed due to burn scar. Went Jeepin up on the Capitan Gap/Ridge this last weekend. Very nice views and you could find a nice campsite. The Cloudcroft/Sacremento is also very nice, there a a lot of trails for just about every activity. Check out the Lincoln National Forest website, they have some maps posted.
Issacd is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.