Moving to New Mexico from Kentucky. love my jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > New Mexico Jeep Forum > Moving to New Mexico from Kentucky. love my jeep

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 09-27-2013, 12:18 AM   #1
jesse18
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Moving to New Mexico from Kentucky. love my jeep

Got a job offer in Albuquerque. My wife, 15 month old daughter and my dog and i are making a life decision and getting the heck out of dodge. She will also have a nice job waiting fit her. We are staying at my uncles for a while in Sandia Park until we can save and find a shack to call home. Bringing the Jeep by trailer and my xr 250 to possibly sell towards a legal dual sport.
So my question is where are the near by trails and what should we go check out first?
This will be my 6th trip to NM by the way so i am a little familiar with it

Unread 09-28-2013, 08:54 AM   #2
jesse18
1999 TJ Wrangler 

So does no one have a Jeep in new Mexico? 62 views i guess i should move there and open a Jeep dealership lol
Unread 09-28-2013, 10:02 AM   #3
rambo3489
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Hey man. I'm in ABQ. The nearest area to wheel is the Rio Puerco. Or southern as some people call it. Its west of Bernallilo. You follow Southern all the way until it ends and it runs you right into it. The Puerco has it all, and is a good place to explore because it is so close.

You can take it up round Cedeo peak if you want some mountain type trails. You get off in Tijeras on highway 14 south. Just use a map to find a forest road.

The Jemez mountains are pretty cool for a weekend camping / trail riding trip. The same goes for the Manzano Mountains. Each is about an hour away.

Socorro is an hour away which is where Gordys OHV park is. There are some pretty tough trails out there.

Were going to try and find a trail called Jaws of Death next weekend. If I remember I'll report back with the findings there.

Tank trap in Santa Fe is a cool trail. But has recently been closed.

I know Las Cruces and Farmington have quite a few good trails. But have never been.

SW Colorado is a 6 hour drive but some of the beet mountain wheeling around exists there. (Imogene, Engineer, Black Bear, Holy Cross, ect)

AND of course MOAB is 6-7 hours away too. Which is a MUST do at some point in time.

There are probably more close by. But I just finished my rig a little over a month ago so haven't taken it out all that much yet.

Current Project: None... I disgust myself.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-yj-build-adventures-thread-1356941/"][SIZE="3"][B]BUILDING THE YJ MY WAY[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
rambo3489 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.