I needa friend..lol..NM - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > New Mexico Jeep Forum > I needa friend..lol..NM

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 07-07-2012, 08:00 AM   #91
nmtj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by peagreen92705 View Post
Hey, er'rybody. Brand new Jeeper here in Rio Rancho (I see a bunch of you from RR).
I just got a JKU last July and it's still bone stock. I mean, BONE Stock. The only thing I've done is slap a few stickers on the windows. I do plan on doing some stuff to it (lift, wheels, tires) but only when the budget allows (which right now, I'm over extended as it is.)

With that said, I've been DYING to get her duuuuurty but only somewhere (as local as possible) a STOCK JK can go... any tips or suggestions?
Rio Puerco is your best best. Just head all the way down southern. There is a pretty good mix of rocks, dunes, sand and mud when it rains. Usually a bunch of people out there too.
Check out this link
http://www.captainswoop.com/trails/a...rco/index.html

nmtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #92
ajmorell

peagreen, I was just up in Red River and there are a lot of trails up there you could run as a stocker, beautiful scenery too. It's 2.5-3 hrs from Rio Rancho but well worth the trip. If you ever want to plan a weekend trip up there let me know, I'm dying to go back.
ajmorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2012, 08:47 PM   #93
garand555

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmtj View Post
Rio Puerco is your best best. Just head all the way down southern. There is a pretty good mix of rocks, dunes, sand and mud when it rains. Usually a bunch of people out there too.
Check out this link
http://www.captainswoop.com/trails/a...rco/index.html
Yeah, there's a lot of cool stuff in the Puerco. Not necessiarlily in a Jeep, but I've been going out there for years. I go out there quite often. If you see an blue XJ that has a very badly sun-faded paint job, that's probably me. Until I get my rear bumper done, my CB antenna is mounted in a place that needs a spring due to all of the crap that it catches. Due to needing a spring, in needs a tennis ball (it's a black tennis ball) to save the antenna. So, if you see an XJ with all of that stuff, being driven by a guy with a handlebar mustache, roll on up and say hi. I'll probably be with a desert tan YJ and mabye other people.

The XJ is a work in progress, and it will hopefully not be blue in the future.
garand555 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.