I needa friend..lol..NM - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > New Mexico Jeep Forum > I needa friend..lol..NM

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 11-04-2011, 01:06 PM   #76
jerrym_7758
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I'm from Carlsbad born and raised and still living here.

Custom Bumpers, Front And Rear Tube Fenders, Alpine CDE-123 Head Unit,
13W1V2 JL Audio Subwoofer, A1400 JL Audio Amp
jerrym_7758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 03:08 PM   #77
Issacd
2006 TJ Wrangler 

New Jeeper here in Roswell.
Issacd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 09:30 PM   #78
bkrmt
1976 CJ7 

Hey, great spot up from tent rocks behind Cochiti lake. It's on the forest road over to Jemez, called Bear Springs on the map. Good water, great meadow, total seclusion! Great summer spot. Wait till winter burns off. Hit the desert areas for the current weather...
bkrmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 04:24 PM   #79
docwatson81

Rio Rancho here, I have been wanting to check that area up by tent rock, I hear its pretty nice. Any WJs RR area?
docwatson81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #80
mgkbull
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Anyone want to hit up Cedro Peak this week? Its a mild trail that stock vehicles can master with some play areas for the big rigs.
If you want to go let's chat
Unread 06-13-2012, 10:06 PM   #81
garand555

I'm from Abq. Just picked up an XJ a few months ago. It's my first jeep. I originally wanted a YJ or a TJ, but avaliability, the ability to lock my doors, plus what people were asking (typically 3x than XJs in similar shape) lead me to the XJ, and I have to say, I'm not disappointed. It came with cheap-*** Primewell PA100s 245/75 r15s, 2" spacers in the front and 2" Shackles in the rear. I've been fixing little things here and there, including the death wobble that developed a couple of months after I picked it up. It also has a badly sun-faded paint job, which in my book is a plus. It meant a lower price, and I like to go places that aren't nice to paint anyway. The engine and trans are in great shape though. I'll eventually start looking towards upgrades, especially having a next door neighbor with a full blown machine shop in his backyard.

I came from driving Ford trucks. While they tow big trailers better than Jeeps, I was shocked at how much better this XJ does wheeling than even my old Ranger (rest its soul - horse beat doesn't even come close to describing what I did to the poor thing.) I went up to Cedro Peak last weekend and was doing better than my buddy in his stock YJ. It wasn't a terribly difficult trail, but I just idled right over most of the rough spots, even with the cheapo tires that I hadn't aired down. (I need to go to some of the rougher spots at Mt Taylor so that I can shred those tires and thus have an excuse to get something better.) I may head over the end of the world into the Puerco Friday or this weekend for fun.

XJs are far more capable than I would have ever thought. I'm a believer now.
garand555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2012, 03:39 PM   #82
87yjrad
1987 YJ Wrangler 

need some help regearing

Hey NM guys. Anyone know how to shim and backlash a ring and pinon? This is kind of my last step in bringing my old YJ back to life. Its so much $ to have it done. I'm willing to pay, but I really want to learn how to do it. I figure if I can successfully rebuild my AX15 I should be able to do this but want some help from someone who has done it before. Thanks!

Rick
87yjrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2012, 09:14 PM   #83
krazymatt
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Ive done one a while back. You should first get an extra set of carrier bearings you can hone out so the just go on and off by by hand. Once you set everything then you press on, the non honed bearings. First look online to see where a good starting point is with x amount of shims on each side of the carrier and on the pinion races. The carrier shims set your backlash and your pinion shims set your pinion depth. The closer you get the initial starting'm point of shims, the less uou will have to mess with it. You will need a dial indicator, yellow gear marking compound, bearing pullers and a footkb and inch lb torque wrench to set preload.
krazymatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2012, 09:15 AM   #84
87yjrad
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks Matt, when can you come over and help me out?
Unread 06-15-2012, 03:45 PM   #85
krazymatt
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87yjrad
Thanks Matt, when can you come over and help me out?
I have only done one lol. Not sure if you want ty o trust me. Where are you at?
Unread 06-19-2012, 08:26 AM   #86
87yjrad
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Ha, yeah, that's how I am, do I really want to do this on my own? I bought a front and rear 30 and 35 out of a 95 4 cyl. that had 4.10 gearing. I changed out the rear a couple weeks ago, just swapped axles. The thing that sucks is I go from a non-c clip to a c clip. It would have been better to leave my existing 87 axle and move the ring and pinon from the donor. Oh well. The other thing is I give up brake drum size. My 87 brake drums were bigger then the 95 brake drums, maybe because the 95 was a 4 cyl. ? Who knows, and I had to switch out the e-brake cables because the 87 cables didn't fit right. No big deal, well yeah it kind of was a big deal, more of a PIA, added another hour to the job because I basically had to disassemble both brake systems to get the cables in. So the back is done. Now I need to purchase some calipers for the 95 front axle, because, again, the 87 calipers won't mount on the 95 axle, totally different set up. So I was thinking it would be easier to move the ring and pinion from the 95 axle over, but I think its just going to be better to buy the calipers and switch axles. I need to get this done because I have to do some work on my deuce and I need to clear the to do list so I can get the axle seal done on that beast.
Unread 06-19-2012, 08:31 AM   #87
krazymatt
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Changing axles and calipers is probably the better option. Not that its that hard but you are required special tools plys reading gear patterns requires some skill.
Unread 06-23-2012, 08:06 AM   #88
nmtj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Going to Rio Puerco later this afternoon, around 1 or so. Anyone else gonna be out there?? I'll be in a tanish tj with spare in the tub and high lift on the roll bars.
nmtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #89
ABQ-TJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Mark's Casa Jeep in ABQ has their annual Jeep Jam coming up July 14th if anyone is interested.

https://www.facebook.com/NMOffroad

[SIZE="4"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/abqtjs-2000-tj-build-1310472/"]My Jeep Build[/URL][/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"][URL="https://www.facebook.com/NMOffroad"]NMOffroad Facebook[/URL][/SIZE]
ABQ-TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #90
peagreen92705
2011 JK Wrangler 

Hey, er'rybody. Brand new Jeeper here in Rio Rancho (I see a bunch of you from RR).
I just got a JKU last July and it's still bone stock. I mean, BONE Stock. The only thing I've done is slap a few stickers on the windows. I do plan on doing some stuff to it (lift, wheels, tires) but only when the budget allows (which right now, I'm over extended as it is.)

With that said, I've been DYING to get her duuuuurty but only somewhere (as local as possible) a STOCK JK can go... any tips or suggestions?
peagreen92705 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.