Cannon AFB - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > New Mexico Jeep Forum > Cannon AFB

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-Load

Unread 10-07-2011, 08:55 PM   #16
Keithinnc
2006 TJ Wrangler 

it sounds like life has improved there, thats great. The only thing to do there back in the day was to cruise downtown...that was fun for the first five minutes...then a group of us would get together and head toward either lubbock or south to Juarez.

[CENTER][FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Silver"]SILVER JEEP MEMBER #15[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][URL="http://carolinaoffroadforum.com"]CORF[/URL][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
Keithinnc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2011, 07:08 PM   #17
jeepin87
1998 ZJ 

Haha, cruising downtown, sounds like my hometown of Shelbyville, IN. Clovis is actually about the same size as my hometown.

I heard Amarillo and Lubbock are the places to go. Unfortunately we aren't allowed within 50 miles of the border.
1998 ZJ 5.9 Limited 4.5" LA/33"s
1999 WJ 4.0 Limited
2003 Ram 1500 w/built 12v cummins
2004 Ram 2500 Cummins tow rig
jeepin87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2011, 08:01 PM   #18
redbull86
1995 YJ Wrangler 

yeah, I'm in the OSS and I've heard horror stories about how this place used to be, but the place doesn't seem too bad to me, you'll see me around, red yj with a snorkel, can't miss it
redbull86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2011, 10:14 PM   #19
marshall2010
2009 KK Liberty 

hey all, Just got here last week. I got a 09 stock liberty, orange. Only one I've seen around base, or clovis for that matter. I wouldn't mind going some wheres with anyone, even if it means I can't hit the tough stuff like most of you.
marshall2010 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2011, 11:56 PM   #20
jeepin87
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall2010 View Post
hey all, Just got here last week. I got a 09 stock liberty, orange. Only one I've seen around base, or clovis for that matter. I wouldn't mind going some wheres with anyone, even if it means I can't hit the tough stuff like most of you.

I noticed you came from Little Rock, thats where I just came from (two weeks ago). What is your job? I was an AGE mechanic.

I'm not quite ready to hit trails until I get my front diff fixed. Trying to buy a house right now anyway.

We need to scout some places to go, no matter how tame or wild, and compile a list. Seems like "people" know some places but I get tired of searching forums for hours.

If the deal works out on this house I'll have a nice 54x45 barn w/concrete floors to wrench in and bring all my rigs and parts down from my dads in Indiana. I'll let you guys know. It sucks not having a garage. I have a fair amount of tools as well. I found a harbor Frieght in Lubbock, I'll be picking up a press and some other goodies from there as soon as I get some room. I have a cheepo flux core welder, works great on thin metal (i.e. exhaust, sheet metal, ect). Also have air tools, compressor, small grinder, other small tools, hand tools, bla bla bla.

Maybe we can all get together sometime. It would be nice to know some other people with similar interest around here.
1999 WJ 4.0 Limited
Unread 10-10-2011, 01:42 PM   #21
marshall2010
2009 KK Liberty 

I'm a loadmaster, well, training to be one still now.

i'm down for scouting trails and such. I've been here a week, and theres only so many times you can go to Clovis or Portales before wal-mart gets boring.
Unread 10-10-2011, 07:11 PM   #22
jeepin87
1998 ZJ 

Yeah there isn't much to do in the local area.
1999 WJ 4.0 Limited
Unread 10-13-2011, 04:01 PM   #23
WJon35s
1993 ZJ 

Yah not much around if it rains a few days their is a place past lowes to playaround in for a bit. We should all meetup together sometime. Afternoons after 2 work best for me since i dont have a weekend off until beginning of next month. Once i get my TC issues fixed i would like to head out to the Canadian river in TXs tho.

I have had both a nv 247 and nv 242j TC in my jeep and am currently back to a 247 since the 242j went out. I have been over just about everything in it checking for tightness and everything seems fine. I do have a bit of a DW at times which would be fixed for the most part with a new track bar since their is a little play in it around the bolts but im not shelling out for that until the vibration from the rear is fixed.
WJon35s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2011, 08:24 AM   #24
redbull86
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Are you still running the stock track bar in the rear, I had the same problem on my TJ and fixed it with an adjustable track bar. That is if you've already switched to a sye, which I'm sure you've already done if you have enough lift to fit 35s under a wj
redbull86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2011, 03:41 PM   #25
jeepin87
1998 ZJ 

What lift do you have? What kind of track bar setup did it come with? I would fix that DW problem and then move on to the rear, DW sucks. If you had the same bolt pattern as me I'd let you swap my wheel/tires to rule that out. What tires are you running? Did you maybe knock off a wheel weight?

I'm at 4.5" without a SYE and no problems...yet. I'm not throwing money into it until I decide if I want to find another CJ,YJ,TJ,JK to wheel instead.

I'm meeting up with a local tonight, he has a shop in clovis and wheels with some other locals.

I just got my SCT tuner and taurus electric fan in, looks like I have something to do this weekend!

The offer went through on that house so as long as I don't hit any snags with financing I'll have a great place to work on my junk.
1999 WJ 4.0 Limited
Unread 10-14-2011, 05:10 PM   #26
WJon35s
1993 ZJ 

The lift i have on it is the 6.5 Rock Krawler kit. Still has the stock track bar in the back but that’s not really the problem area (Not Safe- I put the rear of the jeep on jack stands with the front driveshaft out ran it up to 60 where the vibrations start and i had a ticking sound from the TC so i took it apart and the chain was a little stretched and the front yoke had some up and down play. -Not Safe) I had already replaced the chain about 6 months ago so something is causing it to go out. Also the 242j TC that was in it broke one link and shredded the insides to the point of no return. The front shaft has always been the same and i think might be my issue. The rear shaft was new for the lift except for the yoke. Then i purchased a new shaft and yoke for the 242j. Then went back and fixed the 247 and put the first shaft back in. Tires are also not the problem as i have balanced and re-balanced tires and have used 3 different tires with no avail. Right now i have no chain in the TC and no front DS everything runs fine until i hit 55ish. The DW is a problem but is manageable and since i cant really go much over 50 its not very high on my priority list. Im hoping my solutions is balance DS and new TC or im going to leave the keys in it somewhere in clovis and hope someone steals it and flips the thing.

Is that the shop over on Noris? I have seen a 4x4 shop over their but never went in and havent seen much activity when i do drive by.

Last edited by WJon35s; 10-14-2011 at 05:21 PM.. Reason: Update
Unread 10-14-2011, 05:15 PM   #27
WJon35s
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull86 View Post
yeah, I'm in the OSS and I've heard horror stories about how this place used to be, but the place doesn't seem too bad to me, you'll see me around, red yj with a snorkel, can't miss it
Yep saw you today jeep looks nice.
Unread 10-14-2011, 08:57 PM   #28
marshall2010
2009 KK Liberty 

Headed up to white sands and Alamogordo tomorrow. Anything near there I could run around in?
Unread 10-14-2011, 10:58 PM   #29
jeepin87
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJon35s View Post
The lift i have on it is the 6.5 Rock Krawler kit. Still has the stock track bar in the back but thatís not really the problem area (Not Safe- I put the rear of the jeep on jack stands with the front driveshaft out ran it up to 60 where the vibrations start and i had a ticking sound from the TC so i took it apart and the chain was a little stretched and the front yoke had some up and down play. -Not Safe) I had already replaced the chain about 6 months ago so something is causing it to go out. Also the 242j TC that was in it broke one link and shredded the insides to the point of no return. The front shaft has always been the same and i think might be my issue. The rear shaft was new for the lift except for the yoke. Then i purchased a new shaft and yoke for the 242j. Then went back and fixed the 247 and put the first shaft back in. Tires are also not the problem as i have balanced and re-balanced tires and have used 3 different tires with no avail. Right now i have no chain in the TC and no front DS everything runs fine until i hit 55ish. The DW is a problem but is manageable and since i cant really go much over 50 its not very high on my priority list. Im hoping my solutions is balance DS and new TC or im going to leave the keys in it somewhere in clovis and hope someone steals it and flips the thing.

Is that the shop over on Noris? I have seen a 4x4 shop over their but never went in and havent seen much activity when i do drive by.
Damn, so you really have been through everything. Do you have a dana 35 or 44a?

The shop is off of Georgia. There is no sign or hint it is a shop unless the garage door is open. Hellova nice guy and some pretty cool stuff in there. Made me feel like I was back home at my dads. I'm going over here again tomorrow afternoon. I'll talk to him and see if its cool to invite other people over haha. I'll PM you my number, txt me sometime tomorrow (dunno when I'll wake up) and I'll let you know.
1999 WJ 4.0 Limited
Unread 10-15-2011, 10:56 AM   #30
WJon35s
1993 ZJ 

I have the 44a in the rear and 30 in the front with 4.56 gears. I PM'ed you my number but will send u a text also.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.