Anything near Farmington NM - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > New Mexico Jeep Forum > Anything near Farmington NM

Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 02-02-2010, 12:37 PM   #1
schu
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Anything near Farmington NM

Moving to farmington NM and wondering what all there is to do out in the area including jeeping and nonjeeping activites

schu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2010, 06:31 PM   #2
lildevil
2004 TJ Wrangler 

there is alot of 4 wheeling here in farmington, head out to choke cherry canyon and you'll see the trails.
lildevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2010, 06:32 PM   #3
lildevil
2004 TJ Wrangler 

also look up in you tube under farmington, nm. you'll see lots of trails.
lildevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2010, 11:32 AM   #4
schu
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Are you from the area? I would like to find some people to ride with this summer while im out there, and get a couple trips to moab or telluride up
Unread 02-05-2010, 01:59 PM   #5
NMLJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I'm from Farmington, and go wheeling nearly every Sunday with our Sundaysrock group. If you our anyone else wants to tag along sometime text me at (505) 215-2938 Cody

-2006 Impact Orange LJ-

THE HARDEST THING ABOUT A ZOMBIE OUTBREAK WOULD BE PRENTENDING NOT TO BE EXCITED
NMLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2010, 04:17 AM   #6
alaskanthunder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Lots of wheeling areas if you want to drive to Pagosa Springs, CO. (about ~90mi from Farm, Also good wheeling in Durango/Silverton) My grandparents live there and I have done most of the trails around there.

Need to get back there! Arghh!~
Unread 02-18-2010, 12:52 PM   #7
-Zona-

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanthunder View Post
Lots of wheeling areas if you want to drive to Pagosa Springs, CO. (about ~90mi from Farm, Also good wheeling in Durango/Silverton) My grandparents live there and I have done most of the trails around there.

Need to get back there! Arghh!~
Farmington blows in general, sorry about your luck.

That being said, you are going to be a short drive from the 4-wheeling epicenter of the universe: Silverton, Colo. (Screw Moab, I think the Silverton/Telluride/Ouray loop is lightyears in front of anywhere else). So be sure to go there OFTEN in the the summer (in the fall they close it until early summer when the snow melts).
-Zona- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2010, 03:25 PM   #8
schu
2005 TJ Wrangler 

lol yea so i've herd about farmington, i'll prob be going many places in the area on the weekends being that i've never been west of ohio. I do plan on going out wheeling alot since im going to endure the long drive in my jeep but im pretty excited. Probably will be busy working alot during the week though so. NMLJ I will definatly have to look you up when i get into the area this summer.
Unread 02-19-2010, 07:43 AM   #9
alaskanthunder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonaJeep View Post

That being said, you are going to be a short drive from the 4-wheeling epicenter of the universe: Silverton, Colo. (Screw Moab, I think the Silverton/Telluride/Ouray loop is lightyears in front of anywhere else). So be sure to go there OFTEN in the the summer (in the fall they close it until early summer when the snow melts).
Lol only thing decent about Farmington is the Walmart/Sams Club... Haha
Unread 02-19-2010, 09:53 AM   #10
schu
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Hey at least it has a walmart, where i lived before college it was a 40 min drive to the nearest one
Unread 02-21-2010, 03:14 PM   #11
OAS
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Silverton/ Ouray is great for sure. I go there as much as possible.
(you GOTTA do BlackBear pass if you go!)

But Farmington isnt that awful bad.
Its actually has a lot of rougher more technical wheeling than Silverton.
Thats one reason they have the URok / werok competitions here.

The Glade does get abused by many of the locals who toss trash/ appliances out there.
Thats the biggest sucky thing about it.
Lots of oilfield roads and wells there too. But that just makes it more acessable.

I hear there is a move by the infamous sierra klub trying to get it locked up now.
Unread 02-22-2010, 10:36 AM   #12
schu
2005 TJ Wrangler 

imagine that the sierra club trying to ruin stuff. Yea it is definitely oil territory, thats what I will be doing while im out there.
Unread 02-22-2010, 03:13 PM   #13
2000jeeper
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Hey i just moved to Farmington last month. I am looking for people to run with on light to moderate trails till i can get the money saved up to finish building my 8.8. shoot me a PM or email at rstenicc@yahoo.com.
Unread 03-09-2010, 02:58 PM   #14
NMLJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonaJeep View Post

Whats wrong with Farmington? A lil to hard for your mall crawler and weak driving skills? Im sure you impress everyone at Sonic when you run over the curb.

We also have 3 rivers, a good sized lake, sand dunes, and an AWESOME off road area.

-2006 Impact Orange LJ-

THE HARDEST THING ABOUT A ZOMBIE OUTBREAK WOULD BE PRENTENDING NOT TO BE EXCITED
NMLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2010, 05:36 PM   #15
-Zona-

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMLJ View Post
Whats wrong with Farmington? A lil to hard for your mall crawler and weak driving skills? Im sure you impress everyone at Sonic when you run over the curb.

We also have 3 rivers, a good sized lake, sand dunes, and an AWESOME off road area.
If a 2dr Rubi is a mall crawler.

Search around the forums toughguy, I've wheeled everywhere from Hawaii to Black Bear Pass.

My father lives in La Plata and his extended family is from Farmington, FYI, the only thing I found to be worth a **** out there is Navajo Lake- everything else I drove to Durango/Bayfield/Silverton/Ouray for.

Last edited by -Zona-; 03-09-2010 at 06:00 PM..
-Zona- is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.