Albuquerque, New Mexico - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > New Mexico Jeep Forum > Albuquerque, New Mexico

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-02-2010, 08:19 PM   #16
txstchmike
2002 TJ Wrangler 

then i guess it died off... lol... gone camping in jemez couple times.... new to ABQ only been here about a year...

txstchmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2010, 08:24 PM   #17
melinda87032
1993 ZJ 

We were going to Jemez a few times each summer but havent been at all this year. My brothers CJ needs a new steering box, and the ZJ is a nightmare.
melinda87032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2010, 08:36 PM   #18
IrishLillard
2005 TJ Wrangler 

lol thats a ZJ for you...JK...

I just got thru replacing all my buchings on my Rubi express control arms again well see if they have fix there issue with them... Knoc on wood

Irish "Hookem"
IrishLillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2010, 08:42 PM   #19
melinda87032
1993 ZJ 

We bought it for 1800. Wasn't running. Finally had to take it to the dealer. Spent $1000. Replaced the ECM, crank sensor, and distributor. FInally running, but had a BAD exhaust leak. Bought a new header and replaced it after a few months. Then it wouldnt start again. Replaced the spark plugs and wires, injectors, new battery, ignition coil. Still no go. Took it to another friend who said he thinks its the alarm. So I am keeping fingers crossed.
melinda87032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2010, 08:48 PM   #20
IrishLillard
2005 TJ Wrangler 

wow... thats crazy... have you put it on the computer??

Irish "Hookem"
Unread 09-02-2010, 09:01 PM   #21
Tumblebug74
2011 JK Wrangler 

If you are in ABQ go to Cedro peak. That place is COVERED with trails. Hwy 337 leads up thru the mountain and is really pretty. Chamisoso trail head parking lot, 3/4 mile S of the Tijeras ranger station is a trail head. Follow that road on down and you can take the trail into the peak. From there it goes for a while. It will let out a couple of different directions if I remember right. Also, in Tijeras (where I live) you can follow the high way (337) up and trun onto Juan Thomas. From there follow the road up, it will trun ito dirt and there are a few trails up there that I ahve been on as well. It does seem that the Cedro Peak trails are more rock adn the Juan Thomas trails are more mud. Either are a blast. I have been on a few out there.

To get there you can take 40 ast out of ABQ and exit the Cedear Crest/Tijeras exit. That road will split in two, stay right. From there you will head into Tijeras. That road will split into three lanes (left, right and straight). Stay straight. That road is what will take you past the ranger station, the trail head at Chamisoso and further down you will see Juan Thomas on the left.

Have fun!!!!

Sandia Mtn Trailheads like the link says,,,watch for riders, I dang near hit one everyday heading out of Juan Thomas to go to work...and again on the way back in..
Unread 09-02-2010, 09:03 PM   #22
IrishLillard
2005 TJ Wrangler 

cool thanks

Irish "Hookem"
Unread 09-22-2010, 09:40 AM   #23
RUBI101
2010 JK Wrangler 

I'm putting together a run to the puerco on the 17th of october. We'll meet at the parking lot in front of the sand hill at 8am and probably be done by 3-4pm. all are welcome. For those who have never been in the puerco its a blast. A stock wrangler can make it out there just fine but a fullsize truck might have problems due to some narrow spots.
RUBI101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2010, 12:47 PM   #24
JeeperDon
Web Wheeler

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBI101 View Post
I'm putting together a run ... A stock wrangler can make it out...
All I see here and in NMVJC is easy stuff. Are there any tough trails nearby, say within 40-60 miles of Abq? Stuff you need 35"s and lockers to get by?
Unread 09-23-2010, 09:36 AM   #25
RUBI101
2010 JK Wrangler 

theres some narly stuff out in the puerco, it all depends on how brave you are. up in cedro peak theres a waterfall of rocks thats pretty crazy but its a lot of travel to get to one spot.
Unread 09-24-2010, 06:51 PM   #26
IrishLillard
2005 TJ Wrangler 

yeah I did that last weekend... Thinking about going southern out to dogs trail to snoopys maybe sunday??? But Idk last time I meet a couple cool guys out there and yeah it was great.. But getting out was another story for one of the guys...

Irish "Hookem"
Unread 09-25-2010, 09:31 AM   #27
RUBI101
2010 JK Wrangler 

what happened to the guy?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.