Where's the best wheeling in AZ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Where's the best wheeling in AZ?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery Mounts

Unread 06-21-2014, 10:41 AM   #1
Kevin108
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Where's the best wheeling in AZ?

I've visited a few times and love the area. I've been in the Virginia Beach area my whole life and plan to head west when I retire. Not west to CA where your rights are suspended and the liberals rule, but west like AZ or UT. My visits have been to the Phoenix area but I want to learn more. The easier the access to wheeling, the better, but being within an hour or so of a vibrant downtown would be nice too.

Unread 06-21-2014, 07:55 PM   #2
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Might want to get the Charles Wells book. it will give you an over view of easy to moderates by areas. For stuff over moderates most books wont include those for liability reasons i think. Just join a Jeep club were ever you end up, we know the trails in our area well. we have some great clubs out here.
There is many places to wheel out here. If you plan to retire in Phoenix, many good places. But it is a large metro area.

we live here in lake havasu i can be on a trail in 5 minutes. but from parker south and to bullhead northwest and the Mountains in kingman are all close enough to keep me busy. Excepting these next few months to hot for day wheeling for me and its hard as hell on a Jeep when its 120 and up. no one likes to break down in that and have to fix anything. So we tend to plan out trips in the heat of summer to mountain trails in cali. one thing about living up here is we are not to far from Moab 10hrs, or the Rubicon area12hrs. Dusy area(were we are going in aug) is only 8.5hrs. I can be in Big gear in 4hrs or Johnson valley in 4hrs. Its wheeling central. nothing is more than a 1/2 a day away for a nice trip. Go to love the south west for wheeling..
Unread 06-22-2014, 02:31 PM   #3
ericksin
1982 CJ7 

Prescott and Payson is nice and got a lot of trails
Unread 06-23-2014, 10:39 AM   #4
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

thinking about this, might be better to ask what is the worst area in AZ. Off hand my vote is flagstaff. Just forestry roads for the most part. The Cinders is the only place i can think of that has harder stuff. But i hate off road parks anyway.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.