wheelin' trip to the great state of Arizona - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > wheelin' trip to the great state of Arizona

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-24-2013, 05:10 PM   #1
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

wheelin' trip to the great state of Arizona

Hello every one! A few friends and I were planing a trip up to Moab next weekend, but it was cancelled due to weather. Can any of you guys recomend an area to wheel in that is ok to camp? I would like to stay away from snow, and some driving to get to there is ok, we are coming from the Vegas area. If you have ideas please let me know, or if some one would like to guide us through that would be more awesome.

Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2013, 09:02 AM   #2
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

in general if its BLM i think its were ever you lay your hat and a two week limit in that camp.

Next question is what area and runs(how hard). AZ its 1-5. any area you have in mind?

Funny this last weekend our club in Bullhead was going to lead a few guys out of Vegas around Bullheads area. But this rains storm canceled it. Perhaps you know them?
Unread 11-25-2013, 09:36 AM   #3
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
in general if its BLM i think its were ever you lay your hat and a two week limit in that camp.

Next question is what area and runs(how hard). AZ its 1-5. any area you have in mind?

Funny this last weekend our club in Bullhead was going to lead a few guys out of Vegas around Bullheads area. But this rains storm canceled it. Perhaps you know them?
I would like to hit the rocks, perfered is a 3-4. My XJ is on a 4.5" &35's with lockers front and rear. A TJ with a LCOG on 33's and a 2 door XJ on 35's but no lockers. As long as the trail has some bypasses for the 2 door i'm game for any thing.
Unread 11-25-2013, 09:58 AM   #4
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

I will contact B4W to see if we can run two trail for these days of the 30th and 1st. For you this area is closest, driving time to Bullhead is not to bad. Kinda short notice but it is wheeling season here. The jeep on a 33"s will have his hands full on any 3.5 here. you all car camping then? towing?
Unread 11-25-2013, 10:12 AM   #5
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
I will contact B4W to see if we can run two trail for these days of the 30th and 1st. For you this area is closest, driving time to Bullhead is not to bad. Kinda short notice but it is wheeling season here. The jeep on a 33"s will have his hands full on any 3.5 here. you all car camping then? towing?
Tent camping, but with cold weather gear. We all have multiple sleeping bags. For me, if its too cold, i will hop into the cargo area of my Jeep. And we are towing our rigs down.
Unread 11-26-2013, 12:40 PM   #6
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

I sent the message out. But it is the holiday weekend. See what i can get. I can be out that way one day of the two unless something comes up. The only issues is the stockers with no lockers. the bypass is another road that is atop the washes in most cases. The washes here is where the rocks are and its tight even at 3.5. so we need two leaders or wing it for the bypass and use radios if anyone gets lost.

here is a pic of a easy 3.5 one of our Parker trails two hours south of Bullhead. We left it stacked here for the Splash or that trail wound be 4 with the body damage to get around this turn in a 2D. I have metal fenders so i use them
Unread 11-26-2013, 12:57 PM   #7
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

well the TJ is locked? i might have miss read/. but on 33"s belly upped? the other on35"s is a auto might beable to hang in there on 3.5 but not 4"s no way.

Here is sleeping princess pics showing most the harder areas my friends here are all on 40" or 38"s me i am on 35"s and it hurts to get stuck in there ruts. rated 3.5 going all bypasses(meaning another road in somecases. Do the hard way its 3+4-

Unread 11-26-2013, 09:28 PM   #8
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Ok, looks like parker trail systems are the winner!
Unread 11-27-2013, 05:42 AM   #9
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Well I have not heard from anyone but I am game to run a few Parker trails. Much closer for me. The best area for "being right there" in La Ceinnega Springs Road. only a few are moderates, most are 4's.

Presidents choice

here is the hardest part of that trail. its slippery its not moab. this is the go around to!! the hard way is sick and 5 all day. you dont make this you have to turn around. great trail has another section that removes windows if you hit the line wrong.

The cool thing is there is like 7 great trails and miles and freeking miles of desert roads all can be reached very easy from this Local. The desert Bar is out at the end of Ceinnega Springs as well. a nice and easy run can be made to that its 2.5.

Ill Pm you the details....
Unread 11-27-2013, 07:43 AM   #10
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

If anyone else is interested in a a few trails in this area of Parker:

La Ceinnega Springs Road (its a dirt road to the bar and mines)
Here is the plan. meeting at 8: at the parking area by the highway
8:30am? Nov30th
3Slabs-3.0/3.5: ( been 1 year since i ran this and rain changes things in washes could be sand or boulders) its a warm up trail.

9 to 9:30am ish? if you are late. These trails from here on. I would recommend to all Jeeps that can: No hard tops, no doors. Just to easy to trash those expensive parts. I mean you can get through with out denting or breaking glass, but....all should have a winch it gets very tight/narrow on some of these trails in places. I can not see anything getting through without lockers. Not that it has not been done. But it would be so hard on the jeep that it could lead to breaking drive line components.

President's Choice-4/4.25: This year its a bit harder than the year before. even stacked in that hole people are trashing hard tops and the A pillars. Launch pad is always a hit and miss for me, that why we have winch.

Rio Lobo-4.25: Depending on how the day goes and time. another classic trail in the area. Deep Articulation and off camber leans into rock walls. My first dent was on this. did not get off camber enough to get through. You have to really lean it here.

my favorite pic of this trail. from the back of our jeep. 2012 Parker Hard Core Poker Run for the Wounded Warriors.

the snake turns on Rio Lobo. Tight articulated narrow fun.
Unread 11-27-2013, 09:14 AM   #11
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Hi, I'm the one with the TJ on 33's coming down this weekend. I'm running savvy skids, lockers, and armor. I'm comfortable trying most trails but I'm fixing my cb today in case I need to bypass anything.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2013, 09:43 AM   #12
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

The TJ is the only one that has a winch, But we all have straps.
Unread 11-27-2013, 12:41 PM   #13
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Joan wont be available to do trails on sunday.
Unread 11-27-2013, 01:11 PM   #14
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

I have seen locked 33"s do all these. might hit more thats all. heck my jk is on 4". tank skid looks like train wreck.
Unread 11-28-2013, 03:02 PM   #15
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

update? i am good for saturday parker

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.