We're heading out to Bullhead city/Willow Valley for New Years - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > We're heading out to Bullhead city/Willow Valley for New Years

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiSpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 12-22-2013, 10:40 PM   #1
mjmiller973

We're heading out to Bullhead city/Willow Valley for New Years

We will be head to our place in Willow Valley Dec 31st thru Jan 4th. We have a 97 ZJ with a 6" long arm, air lockers front & rear full skids on 35"s. we will also have some friends with us one couple with have a built XJ and the other couple will have a new stock JK. We would like to do some wheeling in the area, is anybody familiar with the area and would anybody like to go or show us around?

image.jpg  
mjmiller973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2013, 12:36 PM   #2
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

well were you will be there is a lot of trails. The C. Wells book of West AZ covers a bit of it) he has his own system of rates. I am about 60 miles from the general area. Most the area has miles of trails. that the Jk can do. If its STOCK and new, the owner wants to keep it that way better stay in the 2"s easy3"s

Your Jeep will do ok up to in the low 4's IF you don't mind possible damage,body/drive train. It looks like its never had a scratch in the Picture . Trails in AZ all are 1-5. Most people call anything over 3.5 3+/4-5 hard to hard core. Lockers are needed min 33/35 to a built Buggy with it all. C.Wells book uses easy medium hard. Example to AZ vs C. wells calls it Harder in the area you will be near is "Sleeping Princess". AZ 3.5 If not stacked. There is a few option sections of this trail including a loop that make it 3+ 4- One of the classic trails there about half a day in and out no troubles. most of it is not that hard and is by passed.
pics of sleeping
Black rock section my way

the high way

parts of the hells loop on princess.

all Az trails once they get hard 3+ and up, get narrow and tight in canyons making body damage more possible too.

I might be in for Sleeping Princess and might get a few others? hard to say for the holidays.

Or Secret pass

Both of these are 3.5 to 4.25. meaning the easy way is 3.5. I think one could get the Jk through sleeping but open open on 30-32 is going to very hard on it. It wont make Secret pass at all thats 4 but short were its hard and very special place. he could park at the second parking area and ride with a locked jeep too see the rest.

I might be up for doing one or even both these in a day. Both would mean early start.

If sleeping gets to hard for the Jk since we come out the way we go in he could park it too.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.