Weigh in on AZ cities! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Weigh in on AZ cities!

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoBestop underseat lock boxes @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 02-22-2011, 08:17 PM   #16
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydiver30960 View Post
Thanks for the input everyone! I got a job in Tucson, so I guess that's where we're going. Already over the wheeling that awaits me!

Ike
Congrats...we really loved the AZ Sonora Desert Museum, Old Tucson and the Rincon and Catalina Mountains. Like I said in my original post, I really love the beauty of AZ hope it works out well for you!

GrizzlyBear67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2011, 12:02 AM   #17
Sandlapper3396

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey1969 View Post
....Casa Grande: I went to High School here, it was a dry little speck in the middle of nowhere when i was there, the only things to do in HS were cruising a 3 mile strip, drinking and sex, sounds fun but gets boring after awhile. Fast forward to about 2002, they started to build during the boom and the town now has some decent restaurants, a real movie theatre, a halfway decent mall, and some decent houses. Being located almost directly in the middle of the route from Phoenix to Tucson puts you 45 minutes or so from either city, so it's a good place to live if you work in either city, but don't want to live there. Also has some decent industry because of its location....
:
I got here around 2004 and this describes the town very well. Although I think we have too many restaurants now. You can't go a block down Florence without passing at least one, be it a mom and pop shop or chain.
Sandlapper3396 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2011, 08:54 AM   #18
Mikey1969
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyBear67 View Post
In my original post I was referring to the Phoenix area in general but here was our take on Anthem:

In two years there were two body dumps, one on New River road and the other at the end of Anthem Pkwy, two AZ highway Patrol shootings on the 17 near Anthem Pkwy, a serial burglar at the community center, rampant vandalism, misconduct at one of the middle schools that I can't describe here, bomb threats at the High School and a shooting at the Sonic. On the weekends the outlets were full of people that appeared to be immitating the dress and actions of gang members. I'm sure I was just misunderstanding them of course. I could go on but I try not to dwell on the negative so much, that's just what I remember off the top of my head that happened in the two years we lived there.

It's a shame because it does have the appearance of a beautiful community as you pass through. A lot of good people live there and it seems like a eutopia at first but I think the crime of Phoenix spills over.
What a shame. Anthem is only what--8 years old? Yeah, I had to get out of there, decided to move to Salt Lake, I now live on the side of town many people consider to be the "ghetto", and although crime IS higher, I have heard gunshots once in a year, never seen a helicopter(None of the cities even have one, they use the UHP chopper when they do need it), and never had my cars broken into. It's far from perfect, but a nice change from Az...

As for the OP--I think Tucson is a good choice. Yeah, if you're into skydiving, Marana's good, and Eloy is about 45 minutes north, people come from all over the world to dive at both places...
Mikey1969 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2011, 10:18 AM   #19
fueljunkie
2011 JK Wrangler 

Tuscon. Now there's a nice safe city.
fueljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2011, 10:59 AM   #20
Mikey1969
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fueljunkie View Post
Tuscon. Now there's a nice safe city.
Yeah, because if you add up the crap that happens in Phoenix in a single week, I bet you exceed what happened in Tucson in one single incident.

about 6 months after I moved to Salt Lake, some ******* went wandering through a mall shooting people. He killed 5 before he was taken down. Does this mean that SLC has shootings on every corner now? No. I'm also pretty sure nobody has been shot at either Columbine or Virginia Tech recently...

It's called PERSPECTIVE.
Mikey1969 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2011, 11:15 AM   #21
fueljunkie
2011 JK Wrangler 

It's also called too close to Mexico. If you're goiung to live in a big city then you have to expect the crime.
fueljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.