Tucson wheelers? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Tucson wheelers?

August special - FREE XJ Unibody stiffeners when you buy a~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!

Unread 02-08-2010, 10:19 PM   #1
Dani5h87
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Tucson wheelers?

Here in Tucson, just looking for some people to ride with. gets kinda boring in the middle of nowhere by yourself. Tanque verde/kolb area. Pretty new to the whole area.

Dani5h87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2010, 01:19 PM   #2
Freakneh

I'm off of Kold/Escalante. PM me your number, and when I get a chance, I'll get in touch. Should be picking up my TJ tomorrow, with a trip out next sunday.
Freakneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2010, 07:36 PM   #3
jquise2423

Hey I'm south of Tucson. Looking to get out also. Where are you planning on going on Sunday?
James
jquise2423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2010, 02:59 PM   #4
Freakneh

Sorry for taking so long to reply, been busy. I was thinking of the Empirita Ranch area, down Sonoita highway, towards Patagonia. It's a nice day long excursion, but close enough to make it home before dark.
I used to ride my quad out there a ton, but have stuck in town for over a year. Unless it's changed, it's fun, but not anything really tough. I'm used to wheeling a fullsize Dodge, and this Jeep is tripping me out...lol.
I want to go somewhere I don't have to worry about trashing anything to get used to it.
I'll PM you my cell.
Unread 02-18-2010, 03:44 PM   #5
-Zona-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakneh View Post
Sorry for taking so long to reply, been busy. I was thinking of the Empirita Ranch area, down Sonoita highway, towards Patagonia. It's a nice day long excursion, but close enough to make it home before dark.
I used to ride my quad out there a ton, but have stuck in town for over a year. Unless it's changed, it's fun, but not anything really tough. I'm used to wheeling a fullsize Dodge, and this Jeep is tripping me out...lol.
I want to go somewhere I don't have to worry about trashing anything to get used to it.
I'll PM you my cell.
If you're going to be headed this way anyways leave 45 mins earlier and hit up the Huachuca's.
-Zona- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2010, 04:13 PM   #6
Freakneh

What's the wheeling like? 1st trip out, and I need to get used to the lack of wheel base..lol.
Unread 02-18-2010, 05:17 PM   #7
-Zona-

Quote:
What's the wheeling like? 1st trip out, and I need to get used to the lack of wheel base..lol.
Anything from Novice to Expert... depends on your set-up really.
-Zona- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2010, 05:27 PM   #8
p-saurus
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I'm in Tucson. Just did Chiva last week and drove up into Charouleau this week to check out the damage for myself on Monday but I'm sure I'll be out again before too long. We've been hitting easier trails more often than not recently because my cousin insists on driving his M151 instead of his TJ. I usually wheel with my brother (Jeepster Commando and M151) and my cousin (TJ and M151) and sometimes my dad tags along (CJ-3B and XJ). Check out my Youtube channel if you want to see some videos of us having fun and me yelling crap like a moron.

YouTube - Psaurus81's Channel
p-saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2010, 07:45 PM   #9
Freakneh

The Jeep is set up pretty well, I just need to practice wheeling in some pretty easy junk, to get used to the stick again. I haven't had a stick, since my Tacoma I sold back in '96. I got lazy with my Dodge. I think before I make any long jaunts, I better stay somewhat local. I may just hit up Reddington on sunday.
P-saurus, your boys going to lose a hand one day if he keeps that up...lol. Was that the left side of Three feathers you guys were coming out of? Are you going to be out there this weekend?
Unread 02-18-2010, 08:33 PM   #10
p-saurus
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
P-saurus, your boys going to lose a hand one day if he keeps that up...lol. Was that the left side of Three feathers you guys were coming out of? Are you going to be out there this weekend?
My brother claims that he hit a bump and his hand slipped off towards the rock. Yeah right. I think he'll look cool with a hook for a hand. Most of us (me in my XJ, my dad in his 3B and my cousin in his MUTT) drove up the easier way that kind of goes sideways from right to left. My brother drive right up the middle. I don't think we'll be out this weekend and the next time we go out, we'll probably do Chimney Rock.
p-saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2010, 10:19 PM   #11
Freakneh

I've heard that's pretty cool. If you do it on a sunday(my only weekend day off) PM me, and I'll head out too. I'm going to head out, and mess around a little up in Reddington tomorrow.
If anyone else is heading out, I'll be in a dark blue TJ....
Unread 02-24-2010, 03:25 PM   #12
Sambox
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Hey more Tucsonans! My coworkwe and I are going out this Saturday to Burro Canyon. I've never done it myself but I hear it's a pretty trail, low rating (2.5 out of 5) but lots of cool stuff to see.

We're meeting at the Basha's on Oracle and Golder Ranch in Catalina at 930 and should be back by 230!

1996 Cherokee XJ, All stock except for a Flow Master exhaust.........for now. He He.

http://www.cityprofile.com/forum/tucson/
Sambox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2010, 07:13 PM   #13
Freakneh

If I manage to get saturday off, I'll head out too.
Edit: Saturday is a no go for me. Work is offering overtime, so no chance of getting the day off.
Sambox PM me your number, and if for some reason the stars align saturday am, and I can make it, I'll call you.

Last edited by Freakneh; 02-25-2010 at 06:35 PM..

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.