Tucson 4WD shops - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Tucson 4WD shops

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-10-2012, 09:53 AM   #1
goldenglory18
2011 JK Wrangler 

Tucson 4WD shops

All,

Anyone have a recommendation on where to take my JKU? I'm in need of some service and would like to take it some place with a good reputation.

Specifically I'm in need of a post lift alignment and if all goes well, some axle work (gears, sleeve and gusset.)

Thanks...

Unread 05-10-2012, 10:33 AM   #2
USAXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Lynch automotive on 29th/ swan is a great place. They only charged $200 for my wheel bearings. They have very competitive prices.
USAXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #3
USAXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Simmons 4x4 on country club is good too but they're always so busy you have to set up an appointment.
Unread 05-10-2012, 10:36 AM   #4
USAXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

And for rear end work go to western differential at alvernon/ ft. Lowell. They rebuilt my 8.25 when I trashed it. A little pricey but good work and good warranty.
Unread 01-25-2013, 10:20 AM   #5
goldenglory18
2011 JK Wrangler 

FYI, "a little pricey" is quite the understatement...

Western Diff quoted me $1,900 including all the required parts for a gear change. That does not include master rebuild on both axles.

4WP on speedway quoted me $680 for the labor only. That includes full rebuild on both axles. I just need to supply all parts, rebuild kit, and lube/oil.
Unread 01-25-2013, 12:06 PM   #6
USAXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Wow that's nuts. $1,900 to rebuild when you could just buy s whole new carrier, bearings and axles for under $1,000

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.