Tucson 4WD shops - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Tucson 4WD shops

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 05-10-2012, 10:53 AM   #1
goldenglory18
2011 JK Wrangler 

Tucson 4WD shops

All,

Anyone have a recommendation on where to take my JKU? I'm in need of some service and would like to take it some place with a good reputation.

Specifically I'm in need of a post lift alignment and if all goes well, some axle work (gears, sleeve and gusset.)

Thanks...

Unread 05-10-2012, 11:33 AM   #2
USAXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Lynch automotive on 29th/ swan is a great place. They only charged $200 for my wheel bearings. They have very competitive prices.
USAXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2012, 11:34 AM   #3
USAXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Simmons 4x4 on country club is good too but they're always so busy you have to set up an appointment.
Unread 05-10-2012, 11:36 AM   #4
USAXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

And for rear end work go to western differential at alvernon/ ft. Lowell. They rebuilt my 8.25 when I trashed it. A little pricey but good work and good warranty.
Unread 01-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #5
goldenglory18
2011 JK Wrangler 

FYI, "a little pricey" is quite the understatement...

Western Diff quoted me $1,900 including all the required parts for a gear change. That does not include master rebuild on both axles.

4WP on speedway quoted me $680 for the labor only. That includes full rebuild on both axles. I just need to supply all parts, rebuild kit, and lube/oil.
Unread 01-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #6
USAXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Wow that's nuts. $1,900 to rebuild when you could just buy s whole new carrier, bearings and axles for under $1,000

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.