Tucson - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Tucson

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 07-31-2012, 01:13 AM   #46
tucsonzj
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrodriguez1993
I have never been there but heard a stock car can make it. There is a easy and hard trail. And if needed i have a warn 8000 winch
Well that's good til I can get a steel bumper and a winch. Going by myself at night scares me I don't want to get stuck

Build thread Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by riot1987 View Post
I learned to tuck my stick....
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg6mov View Post
Yeh, washing it inside and out is on my to-do, eventually, maybe, if I have time, OOOH angle grinder.

RIP Ratmonkey-5/27/13. You will be missed.
tucsonzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 01:29 AM   #47
Jrodriguez1993
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah i dont like to go by my self all the time
Unread 07-31-2012, 04:57 PM   #48
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

Just to clear some things up. The 2011 thread is talking about the ruts being graded off at Charalloux (sp?) gap, that happended after gman couldn;t make it. I haven't seen him in a couple of years. There IS a way around three feathers to chiva but it is longer with several steep climbs that could get interseting with all the rain. Take a look at JKO Tucson hangout....there is a M&G at the Irish Pub and then a night run to chimney rock on the 4th. I won;t be there. I will be at the welding/mod get together on the 11th and a couple of us going to do easy trails (broken arrow etc) in sedona on the 18th. There may also be a harder run to Florence junction on the 18th although that is not set in stone yet........Although I have done stuff in cars that would freak out some jeepers, a "car" will NOT make it to chiva. A stock jeep can/will but may sustainn some undercarriage dents. I have done it numeours times in my open open x wiht 2.5" lift, quick discos and 33s.

"Seems like alot and I can't say for a fact that it was all needed but that's what happens from reading forums." Jimk403
gsaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 10:21 PM   #49
tucsonzj
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman1128 View Post
You could make it to Chiva Falls stock. There is an easy way to get there that will let you bypass the only spot a stock vehicle would have any trouble, a large obstacle called 3 Feathers. I made it back when I was stock but on 31's so I had like no flex. I've seen an almost stock Liberty able to make it and I've seen stock Chevy trucks out there, so I don't think you'd have a problem. You could even probably make it up or down 3 Feathers if you had a good spotter

However, I would not recommend trying to run the Gap stock, its a very rough trail, I tried it stock, didn't make it too far...
So from what I'm gathering, can be harder or easier but is do-able in a stock vehicle (especially jeeps). I'm still running factory skids under mine (was very glad I had them the other weekend on a random (to me at least) side trail out on redington, but had no one with me so hit once and turned around haha. JKO Tucson seems like they're going to hit a trail way to tough for me personally.
Unread 08-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #50
ZMBJ33P
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsaxe View Post
I have done it numeours times in my open open x wiht 2.5" lift, quick discos and 33s.
That is good to know, I'm up on a 3" with 33's and still open/open
Unread 08-01-2012, 10:02 AM   #51
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
JKO Tucson seems like they're going to hit a trail way to tough for me personally.
Good to know your limits and not get sucked into intenet hype. But, the back way onto Chimney the Tucson Hang Out crwew is doing on the fourth is not harder than chiva either way you go. Plus chimney itsef offers some great optional obstacles. My mopar tube steps took their first big hit on an option at the falls. First pic is just before they became scratch and dent items.

They made it in the back way to chimney many times before I switched to rock rails. Second pic is on the lower/eastern end of the back way to chimney. The front way to chumney is even easier just some mud here and there. On the back way you can expect az pinstriping and a few control arm hits if you slide around like i do but otherwise its easy.

I had to look twice to see that your gman quote is old and from another thread.
20110221_chiva_067.jpg   chimney-20rock-20-46-.jpg  

"Seems like alot and I can't say for a fact that it was all needed but that's what happens from reading forums." Jimk403
Unread 08-01-2012, 10:31 AM   #52
tucsonzj
1995 ZJ 

Man i miss have wranglers lol. Yeah I'm one of those my jeep is my daily driver and rather not push it super hard currently. Better safe then stuck with no way out. Thanks for the good info on the trails, once I get more familiar with some trails and get lifted I want to hit all of these.
Unread 08-01-2012, 10:51 AM   #53
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Better safe then stuck with no way out.
yup, just saw your run thread, thanks for posting, wish i was going to be in town....keep an eye on jko we do do easy runs too.

Unread 08-01-2012, 11:13 AM   #54
tucsonzj
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsaxe

yup, just saw your run thread, thanks for posting, wish i was going to be in town....keep an eye on jko we do do easy runs too.
Wish you were too could use the experience on the trail. Sure I won't get shunned.."oh no a zj!" Lol

Build thread Here

Quote:
Quote:
Yeh, washing it inside and out is on my to-do, eventually, maybe, if I have time, OOOH angle grinder.

Unread 08-02-2012, 08:46 AM   #55
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Sure I won't get shunned.."oh no a zj!"
Not shunned but they are a lively bunch. I'm sure you'd be welcome. Theres quite a range of rigs in that group. Even let a mercedes come along once
size-matters.jpg  

Unread 08-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #56
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsaxe View Post
Not shunned but they are a lively bunch. I'm sure you'd be welcome. Theres quite a range of rigs in that group. Even let a mercedes come along once
that merc is a beast.

We were passed by this on our way to the Little Sluice.

Rubicon trail maintenance vehical.
Unread 08-02-2012, 05:38 PM   #57
tucsonzj
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc

that merc is a beast.

I second that! I can't wait to get mine lifted and some tires. Ugh just the money

Build thread Here

Quote:
Quote:

Unread 08-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #58
Jrodriguez1993
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah same here. I just did my own mod today

image-289063272.jpg

After i put in i even took out my seat belts and everything in the back. But while doing this mod i came across i have a broken bracket under my jeep. The bar goes from my frame to my axle i think it may be a sway bar. But one side broke :/ anyone have a welder?
Unread 08-02-2012, 06:05 PM   #59
tucsonzj
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrodriguez1993
Yeah same here. I just did my own mod today

After i put in i even took out my seat belts and everything in the back. But while doing this mod i came across i have a broken bracket under my jeep. The bar goes from my frame to my axle i think it may be a sway bar. But one side broke :/ anyone have a welder?
Sorry no welder here. But I do need to find someone here with one so let me know if you discover one

Build thread Here

Quote:
Quote:

Unread 08-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #60
ferninaz
2012 JK Wrangler 

In case someone is looking for something to do on Sunday 8/12

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f320/...lemon-1403397/
ferninaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.