Tucson - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Tucson

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 05-27-2012, 04:49 PM   #16
Aaron0028
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayTJ View Post
USAXJ had some good info. I live about 10 min from Charouleau Gap and Rail X and am usually up there quite a bit, although its been a few months since I've been to the Gap. Will probably head up there sometime this weekend actually. Its not as fun since the USFS graded a lot of the trail, but still a very cool place. Also I've been shooting at Rail X many times, often with big groups and no attempt to be stealthy about it. We've never had any problems, so I don't know if it's legal now, or no one cares, or we've just gotten lucky.....

I haven't explored any of the Sahuarita area, but it sounds like I should.

And I wheel with Wildcat Off Road, the club at the U of A (although you don't have to be a student or alumni there; I'm neither). We mostly run Reddington unless it's a big overnight trip, either Chiva Falls/Pools or Chimney Rock. We have a night trip planned for Thursday to Reddington, look us up on Facebook or our website if you wanna join a run sometime
What's the website?

Aaron0028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2012, 05:01 PM   #17
dwayTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

The Facebook page is used more frequently these days, but the website is www.azwildcatoffroad.net.
dwayTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 10:44 AM   #18
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

Get the book: "Az Guide to Backroads and 4x4 trails" by Charles Wells. fyi Helvetia is also known as Gunsight Pass. See it before its gone. Lots of local action on JKOwners.com "tucson hang out" thread in the sw section and it aint all jks, mostly rock crawlers tho......also check out expedition portal.com and azvjc....

"Seems like alot and I can't say for a fact that it was all needed but that's what happens from reading forums." Jimk403
gsaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 08:26 AM   #19
JKChris
2008 JK Wrangler 

I bought that book and it is great. Thanks for the recommendation.
JKChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2012, 07:20 AM   #20
mooncruiser

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Martinez Cabin and the coke ovens near Florence,AZ

http://www.everytrail.com/guide/mart...-trail-arizona

http://shottscruisers.smugmug.com/Fo...687773&k=Gw9xb

Coke Ovens are cool

Another one is Rug Road-

http://www.experience-az.com/adventu...d/rugroad.html
mooncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2012, 10:34 AM   #21
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

went to chimney yesterday afternoon and played in the rain, oh man was it fun, waterfalls everywhere.....

"Seems like alot and I can't say for a fact that it was all needed but that's what happens from reading forums." Jimk403
Unread 07-05-2012, 11:15 AM   #22
JKChris
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsaxe
went to chimney yesterday afternoon and played in the rain, oh man was it fun, waterfalls everywhere.....
Is Chimney a pretty good run? How difficult is it? I would like to get up there. I have done Chiva which is close I think.
JKChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2012, 11:54 AM   #23
dwayTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Chimney is kind of as easy or difficult as you want it to be. I've been up there with a stock Liberty, so it's easy to get to and poke around, but if you want to do harder stuff there's a lot of options. I'm going up to Reddington (not sure if Chiva or Chimney) with a group Sat night, hopefully there's still decent water running. Meeting at 7 pm at the circle K on Tanque Verde.
dwayTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2012, 04:10 PM   #24
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

agreed, easy to get to from the west side, as hard or as easy as you like once there. Longer moderate run out/in the back/east way with more challenging stuff on the Romero Spring option. Unlike much of az the rock here is not just a pile of boulders. Plenty of bedrock, humpbacks, fins, rounded shelfs ect. some call it mini moab. you'll be dissappointed if looking for redrock but a great play area none the less. Think of it as the minnie golf of wheeling. Lots of obstacles in a small space.

I'd like to join you guys saturday but the Tucson JKF crew is headed to Ruby Bat Cave and some little known easy but remote borderland routes.

Unread 07-12-2012, 07:21 AM   #25
FunTreks
2012 JK Wrangler 

Great options for Tuscon trails
FunTreks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2012, 11:03 PM   #26
tucsonzj
1995 ZJ 

Been in tucson for a while, played out off reddington several times. A lot with the current rains in the past few weeks. Been pretty nice up there but need to start goin with some people so I don't have to worry as much about getting stuck haha.
tucsonzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2012, 04:48 PM   #27
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

welcome, lots of runs off of JKO Tucson Hang Out.....

Unread 07-28-2012, 09:32 AM   #28
tucsonzj
1995 ZJ 

Hm must get incontact with the jkers down here. One of the groups is mostly gone for the summer (students) and its monsoon season. Another reason to go get dirty.
Unread 07-29-2012, 12:29 PM   #29
tucsonzj
1995 ZJ 

Want to try and get a run together for next Saturday night or Sunday. I'm still stock ZJ so nothing difficult. Let's get something going!
Unread 07-30-2012, 01:16 AM   #30
Jrodriguez1993
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Im down for a off road trail. I have a some what stock jeep yj. Have 8 kc lights if needed. Might have s lift kit or snorkel by this weekend

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.