Tucson - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Tucson

Bilstein Blowout Sale - 4 5100 Series Shocks $309.99 shippSALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-LoPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Reply
Unread 03-23-2013, 04:37 PM   #136
Humphreys2010
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 33
It's just the 3 shooting areas closed from what I know

Humphreys2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 04:48 PM   #137
USAXJ
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 121
That's what I assumed, just making sure. I may head out there tomorrow. That or the gap.
USAXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #138
Humphreys2010
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 33
I won't be going to reddington or the gap for awhile selling my TJ. Just got married and now have a 2 year old. I have a project vehicle take a few months off and build that so I can have a family friendly DD and a toy vehicle.
Humphreys2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #139
USAXJ
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 121
I feel ya. My buddy just sold his 70 chevelle because he's having another kid. Going to get a suburban. The pains of having a family.
USAXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 06:42 PM   #140
Humphreys2010
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 33
I got a 74 international scout II on locked 44 with full cage. Have a turbo 400 and chevy 350 coming this summer from some family for free both were rebuilt less then 50k miles ago. The thing I'm working on now is a tcase. I have a Dana 20 already but idk if I want to get the adapter or go ahead and spend the money and get a doubler. After that it's the little odds and ends (which I know will add up) hopefully end of the year I will have it on the trail.
Humphreys2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 07:14 PM   #141
DunmerBoy
eXJpedition
 
DunmerBoy's Avatar
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 2,864
Redington is just for shooting between mile 5 and 7. I was out last weekend in the girlfriends 4runner
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
We are a group of individuals that worship a box shaped unibody that's been out of production for over 13 years. There's no shame to be had here. :D
- Build Thread -
DunmerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 07:24 PM   #142
Humphreys2010
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by DunmerBoy
Redington is just for shooting between mile 5 and 7. I was out last weekend in the girlfriends 4runner
So what ur saying is they closed all the trails down?
Humphreys2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 08:25 PM   #143
222Doc
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ
Posts: 4,706
I would check the azvjc they have info on trails/closed. One reason to Join a club is we work and apply funds to get lawyers to fight these land grabbing greenies that also have lawyers.

If by chance you end up on a closed trail it helps thier cause, not ours. AZ trails DO NOT have to have a closed sign to be closed. The only chance the clubs have right now is the "adopt a trail" program. Right now the goverment is working very hard to close and by up millions of acres. many clunbs right now are working with BLM to secure our trails. But with that come responsibilty to keep them clean. this means at least two times a year "trail cleanup" on each trail you adopt. It gets to be alot of work at time too. The biggest offenders are the shotters by the way, they leave TONS of stuff every where and do not give a s^8t. along with the trash dumpers.

if people to not help fight this we will loose all trails in the end.
__________________
http://www.parker4wheelers.net
www.bullhead4wheelersinc.com
222Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 10:18 PM   #144
dwayTJ
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphreys2010

So what ur saying is they closed all the trails down?
He meant it's only closed between miles 5 and 7, for shooting. All of the shooting areas are closed for now. Three Feathers, Chiva etc all of the trails at Reddington are still open. I Was at Chiva last week and Chimney Rock last night.
dwayTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 10:24 PM   #145
Humphreys2010
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayTJ

He meant it's only closed between miles 5 and 7, for shooting. All of the shooting areas are closed for now. Three Feathers, Chiva etc all of the trails at Reddington are still open. I Was at Chiva last week and Chimney Rock last night.
Ya that's what I thought. I've known ppl that have been up there recently.
Humphreys2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #146
Humphreys2010
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 33
So at work today I’m driving a new vehicle (I’m a fire fighter) and connected to the front is a warn m12000. Oh how badass that would be if it "disappeared"
Humphreys2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 07:47 PM   #147
Jrodriguez1993
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: flagstaff, Az
Posts: 164
Haha i said the same thing at my fire station!
__________________
if you are telling you self you cant before you have even tried, you are a failure.
Jrodriguez1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 08:57 PM   #148
DunmerBoy
eXJpedition
 
DunmerBoy's Avatar
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 2,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphreys2010 View Post
So what ur saying is they closed all the trails down?
Yeah sorry. What I wrote was very poorly put. haha
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
We are a group of individuals that worship a box shaped unibody that's been out of production for over 13 years. There's no shame to be had here. :D
- Build Thread -
DunmerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #149
fueljunkie
Registered User
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Prescott Valley, Arizona
Posts: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
I would check the azvjc they have info on trails/closed. One reason to Join a club is we work and apply funds to get lawyers to fight these land grabbing greenies that also have lawyers.

If by chance you end up on a closed trail it helps thier cause, not ours. AZ trails DO NOT have to have a closed sign to be closed. The only chance the clubs have right now is the "adopt a trail" program. Right now the goverment is working very hard to close and by up millions of acres. many clunbs right now are working with BLM to secure our trails. But with that come responsibilty to keep them clean. this means at least two times a year "trail cleanup" on each trail you adopt. It gets to be alot of work at time too. The biggest offenders are the shotters by the way, they leave TONS of stuff every where and do not give a s^8t. along with the trash dumpers.

if people to not help fight this we will loose all trails in the end.
I had a meeting with the Prescott National forest and they told me the don't offer the adopt a trail program any longer.
fueljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #150
222Doc
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ
Posts: 4,706
true if youarea has been completed. meaning they Know what trails there are and have made there "plan". Not all areas are done. I know right now in the B4W area we have had the BLM, doing ride alongs with our club. They hitch a ride in our Jeeps and with a Gps map our trails. Then these are looked at to be sure none cross private property and or any wild life areas etc. We give then a list of trails we would like to sponser. They then will figure what ones we can have. Right now we have only one," Sleeping Princess". I was on the clean up run when BLM mapped it again to take a look at our, extensions(hard ways). We have about 40? trails we are tring to adoupt. These will have metal signs planted on thetrails along with a Kiosk. But in return our club has to clean and keep them that way about two times a year. Once we get the tails they are protected to some degree. But in the end its hard to say were this will go in the end. They can take anything from the people anytime "they want". ANYTHING.

Again its up to the locals, clubs to get involved. The BIGGER the club, the more people, and how hard they work goes along way too.
__________________
http://www.parker4wheelers.net
www.bullhead4wheelersinc.com
222Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.