trails near tucson? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > trails near tucson?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-09-2008, 07:26 PM   #1
thatsmerc

trails near tucson?

hey im fresh to the eara in tucson and am lookin for some decint trails close to tucson. does anyone know of any? some kinda tecnical one and not so tec ones would be greatly apreated thank you

thatsmerc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2008, 01:10 AM   #2
ruff88xj

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Im new to the area too, But i really recommend a book called "Guide to Arizona Backroards and 4-Wheeel Drive Trails". It got a little bit of everthing in there.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/y...92-yj-1766433/
ruff88xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2008, 04:51 PM   #3
Sambox
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Charlou Gap and Chiva Falls are very popular trails. I've done the Falls in a stock Tacoma so it's not bad, but you can make it intersting if you want. Those are the closest. Drive a ways (an hour) and you can get into some other good stuff.

1996 Cherokee XJ, All stock except for a Flow Master exhaust.........for now. He He.

http://www.cityprofile.com/forum/tucson/
Sambox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2008, 06:46 PM   #4
thatsmerc

ware do i find that book? i have heard about that book befor sounds cool
Unread 06-15-2008, 03:34 AM   #5
ruff88xj

1992 YJ Wrangler 

i picked mine up at a Borders, but i searched on the web, it can be found generaly at any book store
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/y...92-yj-1766433/
ruff88xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2008, 03:02 PM   #6
thatsmerc

cool thanks guys. i just orderd one
Unread 07-26-2008, 10:16 AM   #7
murphm7

Anyone want to inspect a cj8 in Tucson for me?

Hi!

I'm buying a cj8 out of the Tucson area and I'm looking for a fellow jeeper to give it a look-see for me, make sure it's for real, rust free, runs and drives. I'd pay ya $50 for your time. Drop me a line.

mmurphy@andovercoated.com

mark
97 TJ project just getting underway - doing it right the first time on this one!
NE4Wi
murphm7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2008, 11:43 PM   #8
funinmud
1998 XJ Cherokee 

hey people from tucson pm me im 18 lived here all my life none of my friends go wheelin and i want someone to go wheelin with.

98 XJ on 32's and 2-3" lift, locked, armored, and ready to rock.
funinmud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2009, 03:41 AM   #9
djkoder
2009 TJ Wrangler 

Mexican Hat mountain near Pearce (1.5 hr SE of tucson)

We just explored this mountain this weekend with my friend on a stock Wrangler Unlimited X (9.7'' clearance with 17'' wheels).
I must say, this was a bit stupid of us, because we had a stock car with no winch and little experience. But it was a hell of a lot of fun Nevertheless, it appears that this trail is possible to make on a stock Wrangler Unlimited X.
If you drive past Pearce on Ghost Town trail which turns into Pearce rd, heading south you will see what looks like an abandoned mine road on the left (here's the google maps link:
). We entered the mountain here:
, although a better road is probably the first wash after W Humphries rd, which is where we exited. And got up to here:
We did not get all the way to the top, as it got too rough and it was not clear if we would be able to turn around. Most of the road has a lot of vegetaion and tall bushes that grow right in the middle of the road. Some parts are severely washed out and we had one tire stuck in a ditch at one point. I'd say it is a moderate kind of trail where you would definitely need two people and high clearance. Watch out for the soft edge.
I've attached a google sat image and a sat file for TomTom GPS. You can use the two to make a map overlay for TomTom.
djkoder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.