Trail Book for AZ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Trail Book for AZ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 07-03-2011, 10:33 PM   #1
Wup This
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Trail Book for AZ

Is there a good guide to the trails in AZ? Moving out there next week and just wondered what is the best way to learn the trails.

Unread 07-04-2011, 09:17 AM   #2
Gunga
1978 CJ7 

There are a few good ones. The "Guide to Arizona Back roads is a good one.
http://www.amazon.com/Guide-Arizona-Backroads-4-Wheel-Trails/dp/0966497635
I would recommend an Arizona Gazetteer too.
http://www.amazon.com/Arizona-Atlas-Gazetteer-Delorme/dp/0899333257
Unread 07-06-2011, 09:29 AM   #3
dslywalker
1983 CJ7 

Go to one of the book stores and get Ghosttowns of Arizona and Ghost Railroads of central Arizona.
www.Ghosttowns.com is a site also with info
If you've been to Pleasant already there's a road to Crown King there.Its about 25 mile trip with a burger and beer on the other end.You can also go there off I-17 and Bumblebee Road N. of Phoenix
dslywalker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2011, 08:07 PM   #4
VegasJeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Just bought 2 XJs and am a huge Bears fan.
Unread 09-09-2011, 05:08 PM   #5
JWMII
1978 CJ7 

Arizona Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails

That's the title above. By Charles A. Wells. Available just about anyplace outdoor books and maps are sold. Not bad. has 75 trails and 86 maps. He did a good job on the book. Jack.
JWMII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2011, 03:46 PM   #6
ProZach

I got one for graduation last year that I absolutely love. Gives you all kinds of info and is super easy to navigate. It also comes with coordinates to plug into a gps so that you know you're on the right trail. I can give you suggestions on a gps as well if you're at all interested. but the name of the book is "BACKCOUNTRY ADVENTURES" and then running down the side it says Arizona. It is written by Peter Masey and Jeanne Wilson great for all AZ trails up to a 5 or 6 I believe (beginner book). If you get it take it to staples or some place similar and have it spiral bound so it's easy to open and leave on the page.
ProZach is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.