Toroweap in April - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 02-02-2012, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
Mojo51
2012 WK 

Toroweap in April

I plan going to Toroweap on or about April 11-12. Anybody what the weather will be that time of year? Is it accessible around then too?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-02-2012, 09:41 PM
WindKnot
1977 CJ7 

The honest answer is it's a crapshoot. Snow is not uncommon on the North Rim in April. You should be prepared (and I MEAN prepared) or anything from ice to mud. There are times when the road is only passable before it melts for the day.

On the otherhand we've experience some of the most amazing, if still cool, weather in April.

If it falls apart, northen AZ has some real nice adventures around Sedona and the Bradshaw mountains around Prescott. Google Sedona off road trails, Back road to Crown King, Smiley Rock, Senator Highway, Bloody Basin.

Best answer I can give. Sorry.

I'd rather be lost on the trails than found at home!

Phoenix Rising- A Flame Off Restoration? http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ph...ation-1807257/
post #3 of 3 Old 02-02-2012, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
Mojo51
2012 WK 

I was planning on hitting Sedona on the way to Phoenix. I've been there before but not on the trails. I bought the Arizona backroads book. I guess I'll just have to see. That's why it's an adventure.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.