Thinking about the MOVE - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Thinking about the MOVE

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #1
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thinking about the MOVE

Hi everyone. I'm a pretty active jeeper over on the San Diego end of the world and am a commerical aircraft mechanic. SICK of some issues in SD and am considering transfering out to Phoenix. I've only passed through before and not real sure if it's a good call. Then again I'm not normal.
I like heat (not insane heat), I love desert exploring(I'm a jeeper for God's sake) and I'm looking for cheaper cost of living as everyone is.

Now I would work at PHX airport of course. Where are some good area's (with in 30 miles of work) to live at? How's the weather ( I work nights), and how about some trails near PHX (50-100 miles out)? ANY helps appreciated..

brokenyoujoint is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 04:37 PM   #2
ec0075
1999 TJ Wrangler 

First you will notice everything is cheeper in AZ. I moved from San Diego 3 years ago. We found a place in Apache Junction, about 30 min east of the airport. The weather is not that bad, yes it is hotter but its a dryer heat. Lots of places to go off road all over the place. PM me if you have any other questions.
ec0075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 04:55 PM   #3
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

check out the Wells book or google table mesa & crown king(n phnx) or Florence Junction(Elvis, Hwy to hell, Box Canyon, Ajax, Jackhandle, Woodpecker)...of course Tucson rocks and phnx sucks

...........not really

"Seems like alot and I can't say for a fact that it was all needed but that's what happens from reading forums." Jimk403
gsaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #4
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

oh oh.. is this like a west side/east side thing? Ok, so I know that phx gets hella hot. is there an area about 30 miles or so out where it isnt so hot? Higher elevation? Also I've got plans for a 14 bolt rear and I'll need to stretch it blah blah blah.... Ive read that AZ is much more lenient compared to CA. Can I throw my tank in the rear, comp it w/o issues?
brokenyoujoint is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.