Thinking about joining the state. How are car laws? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Thinking about joining the state. How are car laws?

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 08-26-2013, 02:03 AM   #16
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy View Post
As long as your lights and signals work, its smooth sailing. AZ is one of the most lenient states that I've seen when it comes to vehicle laws and requirements etc.

But why AZ? I see you were also checking out Texas...Do you like the heat? Or are you just a glutton for punishment?
I'm trying to get AWAY from the heat Texas probably wasn't such a good idea. Flagstaff apparently never gets very hot.

I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 02:05 AM   #17
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Five22 View Post
Flagstaff has a high cost of living and virtually no high paying jobs. Most of available positions are in seasonal tourism work, service industry jobs, and some low end government work. When I was at the university there recently, the best job I could find was as a part time bartender, even though I hold several degrees and have a lot of work experience.

Most of Maricopa and Pima counties [metro Phoenix and metro Tucson] are subject to mandated EPA emissions and emission equipment inspections for cars, trucks, and SUVs. Vehicle license taxes are high unless you own a 20+ year old vehicle.

What seems to be no law is actually little enforcement and window tinting is a good example. Arizona does have standards on window tinting and an overwhelming majority of vehicles on the road have excessive window tint on the front side windows. The police may or may not enforce the law regularly, but do use it as probable cause to stop the vehicle.

Keep in mind that as more people move here, the laws and political environment have been changing. As a native, I remember when Phoenix had a population of 500,000 and it was easy to open a business, modify a vehicle, etc. Those days are disappearing as more people want the same laws they once left behind.
Thanks for the input. I haven't even visited Flagstaff, let alone looked for a house / job. So the experience is appreciated.

I figure as an electrical engineer, with a specialty in alternative energy, there should be jobs just about anywhere. Of course, I could be completely off my rocker and dead wrong.
I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 04:44 PM   #18
dboyinaz

Is anyone here an ASU student? I'm thinking about starting an ASU 4x4 club
dboyinaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.