Sleeping Princess Trail Bullhead City - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Sleeping Princess Trail Bullhead City

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 03-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #1
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Sleeping Princess Trail Bullhead City

Sleeping Princess Trail Bullhead City Az.

This trail is about 70 miles from me, but one of those I have been wanting to see. Sleeping Princess trail was easy enough to locate using Wells Arizona Trail guide. Pluss the fact the main trail is well travled for medium trail 3.25 only the first miles to the top. The Miller's Extension was the high light of the trail by far. This "extra" loop is rated hard 3.5+. With 35" and 3.5 lift rear front 4.5 in front in our Jkr and cruised through it.

But unlike the main trail Millers is not well travled and finding it was more like finding "Mr Willson". On the main trail when you get to the turn too Millers. The hard left turn is doing it down hill. If you go up the main trail a wee bit more, a easy trail that heads down the next wadi and down fairly well travled. This heads down until you can pick up the millers trail on the left going back up the Miller's Extension. Trail was faint but i could see old tracks, now your heading up hill again and the trail thins, narrows as it climbs up Miller's Extension to the main trail. Lots of rock obsticals, but the dirt ramp that drops you in to the main wadi, might have been the hardest part, could be depending on driver.

halfway up Millers you drop down into it. Its steep loose and you can not see it here but to drivers right here at the landing bottom is a 20 foot cliff.

Rock ramp

Unread 03-26-2012, 10:34 AM   #2
polo196
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Did you see the stock red YJ some idiot abandoned up there after he got over his head and couldnt get out. He blew the trans trying to get off that cliff. We don't usually go down in that section in built Jeeps.
Yellow Jeep Club Member [FONT="Century Gothic"]#196[/FONT]
polo196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 12:54 PM   #3
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo196 View Post
Did you see the stock red YJ some idiot abandoned up there after he got over his head and couldnt get out. He blew the trans trying to get off that cliff. We don't usually go down in that section in built Jeeps.
No It must have been removed? But you know when we got to that point I did get out to see the line better. My first thought was going down this will be alot easier than if one had to get out up it, point of no return, perhaps.

Great trail and will do it again. I am looking for the Hell's half mile part any rout info? Where it starts?
Unread 04-02-2012, 05:04 PM   #4
polo196
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry, been busy. Instead of making the turn at Millers Extension you go right at the water tank at the 4 way. Keep going until the road Y's, bear right it drops into a wash and your there. It is very rough.
Yellow Jeep Club Member [FONT="Century Gothic"]#196[/FONT]
polo196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 04:34 PM   #5
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Very nice to know and have made notes. Now just need to get a crew to go out and give it a run. Do millers and that should be fun day.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.