Sleeping Princess, Hell's half mile and Millers extension - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Sleeping Princess, Hell's half mile and Millers extension

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 11-13-2013, 09:51 AM   #1
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Sleeping Princess, Hell's half mile and Millers extension

Run: November 21, Thurs. Sleeping Princess cleanup/maintenance. Meet on the north side of Hwy 68 at exit 8, 9:30 a.m. leave at 9:45! Bring garbage bags, brush clippers, gloves,(<club members) lunch and drinks.

The Princess
Rated: A strong 3+ for the by-pass sections--it's not easy. Larger tires, lockers and a lift highly recommended. The more challenging sections are rated from a 4 to a 4+. Must have lockers front and rear, a lift, winch, winch points attached to the frame front and rear, and roll cages highly advised. We do not recommend stock rigs on the Sleeping Princess trail.

We run two groups through this trail. one will take all by-pass. The other will run all the "hard way". Not sure who is leading the 4"s but i would think unless Doug repaired his Jeep it will be Joan in her crawler.

Hell's half mile is the hardest section by far. Chance of body fender damage and on the extra extra option, Joans way its a 4+ for 2D. i had to back off it all most toppled it. The main way is rocky big rocks better for 2d, 4.

classic trail of the area.

Unread 11-13-2013, 10:11 AM   #2
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

Sounds like fun and well thought out, unfortunately I cannot make this one, but thought you'd like to know I am watching, thanks for posting....some of the Tucson JKOwners crew is wanting to head your way this winter at some point. As currently set up I am only ready for 4 and under, but most of the JKO Tucson Hang Out crew is substantially more capable...we will be in FJ this weekend

"Seems like alot and I can't say for a fact that it was all needed but that's what happens from reading forums." Jimk403
gsaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 02:42 PM   #3
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Bull Head 4 Wheel club runs are open to general public/non members. We have a waiver for the club if you are not a member. Check there web page they list all runs and events for the area that are up coming. Maybe one of the dates works? Or figure out what trails might you like to see that are not in Well's book that are harder and very fun.

One trail that always gets peoples pucker time is, candy a$$. it has a off camber wall hug that will tip the passenger into a, "I got a bad feeling about this sarge" death grip on to the oh sh(t bar. I have seen a few lean on two wheels, before they slip down on to 3. i watched a Cj on lockers do the two wheel lean through that and his eyes were like pizza pies. i though it was going over....but nope it hung on by two wheels, very cool to watch. he was all smiles.
Unread 11-21-2013, 07:18 PM   #4
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Good run a few sprinkles and 9 jeeps good run most took the hard ways too. no issues.
Unread 11-22-2013, 02:57 PM   #5
fueljunkie
2011 JK Wrangler 

Wish I could've made the run. I work on thursdays now. Maybe next time.
fueljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2013, 05:52 PM   #6
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

dont have to many pics of the day but this is coming up millers.

This is an extra credit area. "nasty black rock" though we are not to that yet first a few small rocks. The Blazer is on 38x16.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.