RUN: May 4th, Sat. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > RUN: May 4th, Sat.

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-06-2013, 08:32 PM   #1
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

RUN: May 4th, Sat.

RUN: May 4th, Sat. Moss Wash, Hualapai Mountains. Meet at 9:00 a.m. leave 9:30. For those not going to Sedona, this is a great run and a favorite of many members. Meet at Love's Gas Station on I-40 east of Kingman at milepost 59. Trailer parking. There will be two options as we head toward the Gold King Mansion, Moss Wash or the road. From the road it's possible to watch the action down below in the wash. We're planning on lunch at the mansion and if interested, dinner at the Hualapai Resort. Very good food at the restaurant with a view window of elk and deer feeding. Quite a treat to watch.

RATED: The wash is rated a 4 with quite a bit of brush, the road a 3. The overall trail a strong 3+.

GUESTS: Always welcome!

This a very cool trail if have not seen the Mansion mine it is one of a kind.

Unread 04-11-2013, 05:28 AM   #2
fueljunkie
2011 JK Wrangler 

I might finally get to wheel with you. Trying to get a couple Jeeps to go on this one. Will keep in touch.
fueljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 08:57 AM   #3
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fueljunkie View Post
I might finally get to wheel with you. Trying to get a couple Jeeps to go on this one. Will keep in touch.
B4W is a fun club to run with. Joan is leading the hard way. I forget who will lead the main trail. No matter its a classic. Bring Lunch, water. Its a full day about 20 miles or so.

Unread 04-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #4
fueljunkie
2011 JK Wrangler 

We'll probably stay in Kingman Sat. night
Unread 04-14-2013, 02:53 PM   #5
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

hey fuel you want the rubi take off shocks? they are gas charged and about new. I can bring'em. no cost.
Unread 04-15-2013, 06:56 AM   #6
fueljunkie
2011 JK Wrangler 

Thanks doc. I just put bilstien 5100s on. We are up by Kanab Ut. For the week.
Unread 04-16-2013, 10:42 PM   #7
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks doc. I just put bilstien 5100s on. We are up by Kanab Ut. For the week.
want to hear about the trails and pics!
Unread 04-29-2013, 08:15 AM   #8
fueljunkie
2011 JK Wrangler 

ericksin just dropped out, but I still plan on going. I'm still looking for someone to make the trip with me.
Unread 04-29-2013, 05:12 PM   #9
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Just got back from sleeping princess. Talked to Joan and she is good to go as well and looking forward to some pine trees and rock.

If anything come up just give me a call. We will wait till 9:30. Not sure if more than Joan, me and you are going. most of the b4w are in sedona that weekend.
Unread 05-04-2013, 09:59 PM   #10
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Trip report:

Moss Wash( hard way). The Walapai 4 Wheelers had a Jamboree few weeks back and the trails is harder with all the Jeeps digging in. We had 7 Jeeps show up today and right of the trailer one Jeep was DOA with a major oil leak in the front dif, I think his HP9" has an inner race that holds the seal crack. Few weeks ago he had that axle pull out of the housing and I think its done. Well that left 6. so we started down the county road that lead to moss. We had a stock Zuk with us, he went the easy way with one of our trail leaders riding along to be sure he made it to the Manson. 5 Jeeps going the hard way. Most times the hard way has no tire tracks, but like I said must have been alot of Jeeps and it was well worn. We get to the "Oh ***** rock. First real obstical that like to eat axles. Joan bounds over it in JJ blue like it is nothing, for her, on 40''s. Next up is the other custom built rock crawler, lime green and very sweet ride. Goes over like it aint there. Next our club member in his Jeep pickup. open front, locked rear on 33"s. Gets hung on the belly and about takes out his rear drive line. Checking it out after he scaped and bounced his way up and over. The drive line was bent about half an inch out of round and had a helical groove like a barber shop pole all the way up that drive line. Next up was a Zuk on 33"s locked and lifted. I warned him in line that the center line only a 3.5' ledge is harder than it looks. Sharp on the top with soft dirt on the top and dug out at the bottom even more now. Right used to be the easy way but now it is worse, dug out. Left is a V notch that is now the easier way, Just do not slip in. The Zuk tried straight up. he used to much right foot and yep snapped the right axle. Now a three wheeler he tries left but cant get into the notch. Tries right and snaps the left axle. No he is two by four and stuck. on the right. Time to winch. 50 more feet is an easier obstical but not in 2x4 winched again. at this point he is done and takes the only escape route and goes home. now we are 5. I took the V notch right at the top the left side slips, but i get lucky and my rock slider grabs the rock. back off and move more left, up and over.

There is extra credit obsticals on this hard way and there were no tracks on most. Our one member in this green rig goes through like the friken hammers, was fun to watch him assault thes 6 foot rocks .

Just before the manson is another extra credit 4+ thing that is under cut sharp and just hard. He did not make it.

The manson: we pulled in to eat lunch and 20 side by sides pulled in as well as 8 bikes. BUSY day at the mansoon.

The green buggy turned back as he did not want to go to the top of the mountain. to have to drive it down the highway to get back to the his trailer. Down to 4: therest of the ride was nice as you get into the pines and easier too. The stock Zuk made it all the way, the easy way but none the less he made it on street tires and a shackle lift no lockers. he did get pushe a few time when he got hung up. Its so light just a few people could push him through.

We had dinner at the lodge. great burgers and drinks.
Unread 05-05-2013, 07:19 AM   #11
fueljunkie
2011 JK Wrangler 

Sounds like a interesting day. Sorry we didn't make it.
Unread 05-05-2013, 09:07 AM   #12
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Sounds like a interesting day. Sorry we didn't make it.
I think Joan said that she plans to do one more club run on this before it gets to hot. I would guess it would be at the end of May. Since the club meeting is the third tuesday of the month.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.