Road trip ideas?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Road trip ideas??

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 02-14-2012, 06:46 AM   #1
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Road trip ideas??

Hello,
We will be travelling through the southwest in the coming weeks and were looking for insight on some scenic drives. Not looking to do any hard core wheeling at this point just some cool trails ,mild terrain. Looking for old mines ,ghost towns and places to pan for gold for fun. We will be travelling through OK,NM,AZ,CA,NV,UT areas. Any routes and usefull info would be appreciated we plan on camping throughout the trip as well. Some of our intrests so far are the Grand Canyon,Painted Desert,Shiprock, Valley of the Gods,Meteor Crator,Chalk Mountain,Joshua Tree. Just to name a few. If anyone has pdf maps or gps cords. that would great. Thanks and maybe we'll see you out on the road or trails.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2012, 09:01 AM   #2
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Well if you go by Kingman on your trip. Moss wash is a very nice trail and is long too(starts of Highway 40 north of Kingman). about 30 miles total. It is rated hard,about 3.25. But that is only if you want too. Go arounds at all hard spots make the trail fairly easy. Did the trail in jan. as recon alone and it was great ride. starts out in the high desert and ends in the mountains up in Pine Top about 7k elevation.

If you give me a heads up I can run it with you, guide it.

This trail i think is the gem of the area. Lots of mines the old manson is very cool. Lots of wild life, elk. deer I tracked a bear even on another trail at the top.
222Doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2012, 10:55 AM   #3
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the route info. That will be added to the list for sure. I'd much rather be out with someone who knows the area. So when we get closer to AZ I'll pm you.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2012, 11:16 AM   #4
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Sounds good. depending on the day I might be able to get others to do the run as well. Its one of those runs that is always good.
222Doc is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.