Red Creek, AZ w/4-banger YJ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Red Creek, AZ w/4-banger YJ?

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits

Unread 09-25-2010, 09:12 PM   #1
TrynPas
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Red Creek, AZ w/4-banger YJ?

Never posted in this forum before, but was hoping that someone here might be able to tell me something about Red Creek (north of PHX). My buddy is setting up a trip (none of us have ever been there), and I have the smallest, most underpowered rig in the group (they have a lifted JK and a lifted Cherokee or quads). I've got a '93 YJ w/4 cyl, totally stock except for a 4" RC lift and 31's. The videos I've seen on YouTube seem a little extreme, anyone on here have any experience out there? Thanks in advance for the help.

img00339-20100407-1900.jpg  
TrynPas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2010, 09:00 PM   #2
TrynPas
1993 YJ Wrangler 

nobody has been to Red Creek?
Unread 10-01-2010, 01:34 PM   #3
wanapla

Red Creek

I am leaving in about 2 hours to go to Red Creek. You never know what to expect when you get to the mouth of the river where you enter. We had alot of rain this summer. 2 years ago it took 6 hours to go 7 miles. Last year it was only 2 hours. I have a stock 97 Jeep with 31's, nothing major and I'm still going. Just may need to get out and move some rocks here and there to get up to the big campsite everyone is at. Hoepfully we'll see you there tonight.
wanapla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2010, 02:47 PM   #4
TrynPas
1993 YJ Wrangler 

sent you a pm. didn't go to Red Creek, but went back way to Crown King. nice trip. how was Red Creek this year?
Unread 10-08-2010, 02:57 PM   #5
wanapla

It was incrediable. About 12 Jeeps and 3 trucks in our group. The water and weather were perfect. And the company wasn't too bad too.
Unread 10-08-2010, 05:43 PM   #6
TrynPas
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanapla View Post
It was incrediable. About 12 Jeeps and 3 trucks in our group. The water and weather were perfect. And the company wasn't too bad too.
Do you have any pics to post?
Unread 10-11-2010, 07:11 AM   #7
wanapla

I do, I'll have to download them on my home computer and upload them here. If you get a chance next time you should go. I go with the same group every year. They've been going for 12 years now. It's always opening weekend for Dove but I think next year we are going to push it off another week and hopefully the weather will be a little cooler.
Unread 10-12-2010, 04:57 PM   #8
wanapla

Trying to upload pics but having some trouble...
img_1100.jpg   img_1097.jpg   img_1103.jpg   img_1105.jpg  
Unread 10-12-2010, 04:59 PM   #9
wanapla

There ya go, it worked! That's my little green one. The white one climbing the hill belongs to one of our friends. We just got done putting about 20K into it. Ready to start on ours now. Can't wait.
Unread 10-13-2010, 08:42 AM   #10
Gunga
1978 CJ7 

I haven't been on the Red Creek trail. Where is it exactly?
Unread 10-14-2010, 07:40 AM   #11
wanapla

It's very hard to describe. It's one of those turn left on the decond dirt road. We took Cave creek east past Seven Springs about 30 miles ona dirt road. You'll come to a Y in the road with signs Left for Bloddy Basin Rd, turn right, go about another 10 miles down this dirt road, looking for FR18. Left on FR18 and it drops down into the river. Follow the river for 7.6 miles and your at the verde river. Awesome place. I hope this helps. It took us 2 hours to get to the mouth of Red Creek and then took us approx 2 hours to get to the Verde. Nice camping spots where red creek and the verde meet. Good luck and let me know if you made it. Do some google searches with some topo maps, that might help too.
Unread 10-14-2010, 09:38 AM   #12
Gunga
1978 CJ7 

I have a pretty good idea based on your directions. I've gone to the Verde from that direction. It brings you out across the river from the Childs campground. Thanks for the information.
Unread 10-14-2010, 09:55 AM   #13
Gunga
1978 CJ7 

I found the trail on a topo map. Does it look like you could cross the river there?
Unread 10-18-2010, 07:29 AM   #14
wanapla

You could possibly cross the Verde once you reach where Red Creek and the Verde meet. The water was rushing pretty good but we were walking across it and sitting our chairs in the water. On the other side of the Verde though are some really nice size boulders. That's gonne be tough to find a good path. But hey... that's all the fun!
Unread 11-15-2010, 07:16 AM   #15
Gunga
1978 CJ7 

wanapla, I found the Red Creek trail this weekend. We (myself and another CJ-7) made it to within probably a half mile of the Verde but ran out of time. And the girls wanted to turn back. We were just out for the day. Great trail though. We'll go back again and make it an overnight trip. Also we'll leave the women at home.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.