Ready to plug your Jeep in for 2 bucks and hour? Thanks, but no.. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Ready to plug your Jeep in for 2 bucks and hour? Thanks, but no..

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 12-12-2012, 10:23 PM   #16
BLACKJACKMAN
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-90

Hell, man! I was a skydiver for a dozen years. I've fallen straight down faster than most people will ever drive! Try going out the door at 35,000' and see what's going on - as I recall, terminal velocity is something like 180mph @ 30,000' MSL, decreasing as you get closer to the ground (air gets thicker, slows you down more.)

Freako time when I was a kid was to take an old tractor tyre the ones that were about five or six feet tall and a couple of feet wide,) wedge yourself in, and have your buddies stand it up on top of the levee. Then give it a shove - and roll down the levee into the river! I found a good spot, ended up with about a third of a mile to build up speed before you hit the water...

I tell you, kids these days just don't have anything fun they can do, and parents these days wouldn't let them do it anyhow (I'd live to have a bigger hand in how my grandkids are growing up - may not have them play with explosives, but they'd have MUCH more fun than they do now!)
See, now that's just called having fun growing up. I just made it under the wire before everything went all marsmellowey and our society got "chickified" to borrow one from Rush. : ) At about 10, I saw the advent of the 1st video game for the home. You may remember PONG. Most fascinating thing I'd ever seen - for about 2 weeks. Then straight back to the dirt bikes, go carts, pellet guns, wrist rockets, fireworks, and all the fun stuff you weren't supposed to be doing with that crap. In all the places you weren't supposed to be doing it in the suburbs of Chicago. Nobody ever knew where my friends and I were or what we were really up to. In high school we really only spent money on 2 things: cars & girls - usually in that order. You're right. It seems kids don't stand a Chance of experiencing much. Most have been "diagnosed" with "disorders", then put on drugs to "even out their moods". From there, they have to be coddled, and protected from everything including getting their feelings hurt. What world are they being prepared for? Whatever, I'll just end up getting my nieces some fuzzy dice for their ECO Sustains, or any other ridiculous cars that may be available at the time.

EnWJoy the trail!

BLACKJACKMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.