Pics of neat areas around where you live in Arizona - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Pics of neat areas around where you live in Arizona

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 11-30-2012, 08:18 PM   #121
ericksin
1982 CJ7 

Cj

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03azwj View Post
Definitely agree with that. Went up and around Bradshaw Mt. Yesterday with Daniel and his brother. The Jeep did so much better than I anticipated. Thanks again Erick.
No prob man,

Don't forget Fueljunkie

Unread 12-01-2012, 08:01 PM   #122
03azwj
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericksin View Post

No prob man,

Don't forget Fueljunkie
Definitely can't forget fueljunkie!
3" OME HD springs, Bilstein 5100, JKS adjustable trackbar, Moog SS, IRO UCA'S & LCA'S, 3/4" front and rear spacers, BFG M/T km LT255/75R17, JK Rubicon takeoffs, 8K HIDS Hi's & Lo's. full Rockford Fosgate set-up, blue l.e.d. interior, clumsy driver
03azwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 06:11 PM   #123
Sandlapper3396

2009 JK Wrangler 

From this weekend. First is not really a neat area, just a familiar site to most of us . . . it'll buff out!!

Sandlapper3396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 07:17 PM   #124
BLACKJACKMAN
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandlapper3396
, just a familiar site to most of us . . . it'll buff out!!
Too funny!! I used to say the same thing, but I've just decided to let my WJ wear em with pride.

Attachment 518659

A few more from the weekend. Camp Creek:

image-79244097.jpg

image-888123870.jpg

image-1980950119.jpg

Caution: Self identified rookie poster who can't figure out his iPad app. Do I wish to clear my credentials? got me
BLACKJACKMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 08:24 PM   #125
03azwj
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKJACKMAN

Too funny!! I used to say the same thing, but I've just decided to let my WJ wear em with pride.

A few more from the weekend. Camp Creek:

Caution: Self identified rookie poster who can't figure out his iPad app. Do I wish to clear my credentials? got me
First..where exactly is this. I want to go play!! And second...I'm still figuring out this app on my iPad too. Takes some time getting used to.
3" OME HD springs, Bilstein 5100, JKS adjustable trackbar, Moog SS, IRO UCA'S & LCA'S, 3/4" front and rear spacers, BFG M/T km LT255/75R17, JK Rubicon takeoffs, 8K HIDS Hi's & Lo's. full Rockford Fosgate set-up, blue l.e.d. interior, clumsy driver
03azwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 11:25 PM   #126
BLACKJACKMAN
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03azwj

First..where exactly is this. I want to go play!! And second...I'm still figuring out this app on my iPad too. Takes some time getting used to.
If you're familiar with the valley, think of a triangle. Take Dynamite E from Pima till it ends at the Tonto entrance. Hang a left and go curvy road straight till that ends at Camp Creek. Rio Verde will be on your right (totally barricaded) - go left and have a ball all the way up to before you hit Bartlett Dam Rd. it's in between there somewhere. Then head west a mile or so to the transmission lines, then play on all the trails between there and where you started at Pima and Dynamite.

Here's a vid. Go play. Don't squish the quads. : )

TRAILS - On this one, at about the 2:21 mark, I see a new trail, hang a right, and decide to go check it out!

Been ridin trails on anything that moves since I was a kid. When your wheeling (particularly by yourself!) in a vehicle you also drive to work, ALWAYS keep in the front of your mind, this question: Can I back out of this place, that I'm at, right now? (Without mangling my daily driver)

When the answer becomes, "I don't know", you may JUST have gone too far. : )

Well, where I was "at" at the end there, was more of a crossroad. It's fairly easy going in and; I was very mindful of the stone walls inches from my nice black paint. Especially the ones by the bends - so I knew it would be tough, but probably doable (cant memorize everything) to put the trans in R and crawl back.

- Trying to find a way to playback / post this in reverse - (gotta look cool)

Crossroad: Keep going? Jeep's already got tons of desert pinstripes anyway, but from plants, not stone. I walked up another 50 yards and, if I was open to adding desert rock stripes, or maybe a spotter would have helped, I could have kept going at least that much further. But where I stopped, if I had gone 10 yards further I'd have to commit.

So yep, I threw it in reverse and floored it all the way back out without putting a scratch on it! : ) Uh. No. It was a painstaking and methodical (almost autocorrected to mythological - it was that too) few minutes. Not a lot of fun when you're just wondering which panel is going to take it first. : )

Impressed myself. Did get out with zero damage.

Lastly, if you're like me. You're ALWAYS looking for places along the trail, even if it is for an 11 point turn, to flip it around. : ) Thus, thumbnail. That spot was only about 100 yards, and 2 turns back. Not the whole 1.8 miles. : )

- EnWJoy -

Yeah - between app crashes and wifi static, it's a 8/+€#!!

EnWJoy the trail!
Unread 12-04-2012, 12:05 AM   #127
BLACKJACKMAN
1999 WJ 

Kinda the first part of the Camp Creek Vid:

Fun place!

TRAILS - 1st few miles w/ the new 2", shocks, ball joints, engine mounts, etc.. Been here, and thought it would be a fun trail to just check out the new feel on some relatively flat stuff. Just to warm it up a little.

Cool scenery too when the stupid auto light thingy on the iPad can keep up.

And, be careful out there when you're in a big black Grand Cherokee. Folks'll sometimes try to run right into ya. WJs are pretty stealthy. Sound nothing like a quad, but can go lots of the same places.

image-1155891247.jpg

image-3546959322.jpg

image-356172979.jpg

And oh yeah, from the tight squeeze vid, this was some cool dark green/brown moss on the walls:

image-2743115818.jpg

This was some other poor dude's paint:

image-244736534.jpg

Not mine.... yet. : )

EnWJoy the trail!
Unread 12-04-2012, 12:08 AM   #128
BLACKJACKMAN
1999 WJ 

image-3727873325.jpg

EnWJoy the trail!
Unread 12-04-2012, 04:49 PM   #129
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKJACKMAN View Post
Attachment 518830

EnWJoy the trail!
Have you joined the Azcvj? Its free, huge community of wheelers, most are phx and south. I think about all here are in it?

If you wheel alone its a place you can leave a trip startand end. that way if say something goes FUBAR. someone will know where to start. pluss if you get stuck in the middle of no where its going to be azvjc that ends up out there in the end many times anyway.

I
Pluss as you wheel more you will try harder things, going with a group that knows trails well can get that Jeep through alot and when it does get stuck, easy to just strap to the jeep in front. If you are not worried about the body to much, it would be fun to see what a quadra drive can do. But I have no idea how expossed things are under it, what does break when pushed in rocks, no idea.

I have wheeled with the Naxja(Northamerican Xj's. In moab they can climb.
Unread 12-04-2012, 09:10 PM   #130
BLACKJACKMAN
1999 WJ 

[QUOTE="222Doc"]

Have you joined the Azcvj? Its free, huge community of wheelers, most are phx and south. I think about all here are in it?

Hey, thanks a bunch 222Doc! Just joined and looked around a little. Awesome site! And I'm sure I'll learn a ton more about the AMAZING State we live in,,and places to go play. Looking forward to that. I learned recovery on HUMMERS before there were H2s. I was selling those, and Jeeps through the WJ Body style. So that included the last of the new old Cherokees and the advent of the H2. Been to a two full day driving / training event at HUMMER's 380+ acre proving ground in Mishwauka IN - all angles / conditions. Just a great great time!! Couple hundred pics at Google+. Bought my 1st digital camera for the trip and, when I wasn't driving, went ape $#!+ with the thing! - holy crap am I wordy -

Anyway, I know all the right equipment, spotters, and vehicles can make my trips way more, I think most would say.... SMART. ? : ) And I do hope to meet some folks of like mind to join on the trails. But for now, I'm just enjoying the gifts my Jeep has given me and being kind of careful about it. Kind of, a little. I know my Jeep and its treated me well by just working perfectly while I've owned it - 12 years (bought in 01). My little 14 year old black WJ's got a very bright future. So much to do, so little dough. Probably a winch, sliders, lights, exhaust - holy crap is that expensive -

Long long post but my very favorite part of the HUMMER stuff (2nd to the driving of course) was seeing the instructors' personal vehicles and talking with them. Giant beautifully built up Wranglers for each of them. They worked for HUMMER, but they were totally cool Jeep guys who, like me, prefer Jeeps to, we'll... Anything. As I was driving an H1 up a trail named "The Elevator"', I told one of the guide/ instructors how I'd like to do all this stuff, and I know my WJ can do some stuff, but THIS? Its stock. no way... The dude asked if I had the 4.7 and Quadradrive. Yep. He grinned, laughed a little and says, "yeah you can do 95% of this stuff with a stock one of those." Come again HUMMER guy??? "Yeah, no problem, ya'd just need a snorkel for the other 5%". Plenty more but. - holy crap am I hungry - see ya.

image-1217295230.jpg

image-748510915.jpg

image-2267389156.jpg

EnWJoy the trail!
Unread 12-05-2012, 09:03 AM   #131
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

it gets very expensive no matter what it is. That year has IFS as well? so, i would bet it cost more to lift than a Jeep.

Azvjc will give the most activity of a "club", in your area. Naxja i s the waggon national page. I ran with them by chance in Moab this year.

In the forum there Azvjc. There is a section for " I am going alone". I see people use it.

Exploring trails can get additive. Then you want new to you trails, then they get harder, then you want bigger tires, lifts.
it never ends. My 35"s look tinny in a field of jeeps on 40"s. but going that much gets into crazy money real fast. wear and tear costs too.
Unread 12-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #132
BLACKJACKMAN
1999 WJ 

Amen to that Doc. With boats the condition is diagnosed as twofootitis. : ) with Jeeps I guess I've already got twoinchitis. Love my new 2" BB, but already find myself shopping to go higher. My budget just needs to catch up with me first.

I'll be looking for people to go out with because I know things do go wrong out there. And trail riding is admittedly safer with numbers. That's why, as fun as it is by my lonesome, there's always that little voice asking me, "what are you going to do if you snap something RIGHT HERE?"

With GPS, getting lost doesn't worry me, breaking down still does though. Physically, I'd fine but what an extra pain in the a$$ to go it alone after a come apart. I guess I'm just walking the line for now between doing ALL the things I'd like to at least attempt, and being just careful enough to keep everything intact.

To your point - yep always wanting bigger better badder trails. I see em, I want them, and lots I know I could do - but - I REALLY don't want to be That Guy, so I have to choose wisely. I know myself though and the temptation of 1st timing a drop or a climb to get a cool pic may soon get the better of me, hope not. When you're wheelin by, it's cool to laugh at me and my flipped over WJ, and even spit. - Just not on the Jeep. Thanks.

image-2158945490.jpg

image-3210884140.jpg

image-2261660039.jpg

image-2452287492.jpg

image-2073104212.jpg

image-1932982646.jpg

image-3022132218.jpg

image-2599430427.jpg

EnWJoy the trail!
Unread 12-08-2012, 11:10 AM   #133
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Some group shots of the Sleeping Princess trail out in Bullead.

Unread 12-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #134
SSRx7
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Looks like a great time! How were the obstacles?
SSRx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2012, 08:38 PM   #135
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Fun obsticals. lockers are needed on Hells half mile for sure. The last pic the tj there is stock on the main trail. He got hung up right there. I was backing up to get the strap out. But he was on 32/33?s

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.