Pics of neat areas around where you live in Arizona - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Pics of neat areas around where you live in Arizona

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #46
sirhk100

Well, not really jeep related but these are all taken from around the Paulden area where I used to live. Loved it up there, too bad the job market sucks so bad!

This is just down the road from my house...

I lived out there for 4 years, this is what I drove a lot of the time in case you saw me around back in the day. I didn't own my jeep while I lived out there.

Saw this one night out near Perkinsville...

If I remember right these are of Hells canyon.

Canyon going under old highway 89 between chino and paulden.

Dirt bike trails in the snow!

Me

Old Kiln a few miles north of Paulden.

I wish I had pictures of the ufo that's out just south of Ash Fork, here's what I could find online... Anyways, that's all I got...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2012, 08:28 PM   #47
SSRx7
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Those are some cool pics!
SSRx7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2012, 06:02 PM   #48
SSRx7
1988 YJ Wrangler 

My boys are out of school for the week so today we went up the old Whetstone forest rd above sands ranch. It has been closed off with a big steel gate by some mining outfit who has a big claim up there. It used to have some nice mild rocky areas in the road on the way up, but they have taken a blade and graded out the biggest one. You can make it all the way to the gate in 2wd now. (Actually I did before, but it was about as extreme for 2wd as you wanted to go). Here's some pics of the boys and my jeep: (BTW, I resized the pics as I take them on my phone, so.....)
whetstone-mountains1.jpg   whetstone-mountains2.jpg   whetstone-mountains3.jpg   whetstone-mountains4.jpg   whetstone-mountains5.jpg  

whetstone-mountains6.jpg   whetstone-mountains7.jpg   whetstone-mountains8.jpg   whetstone-mountains9.jpg   whetstone-mountains10.jpg  

Unread 10-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #49
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

ok Paulden/ash fork/chino valley huh? I just sold 40 acres that was the very top of Big Black Mesa, my son will never forgive me, tons of arrowheads, peace and chit up there and the coziest shack you ever saw. Never heard about the UFO before, of course my neighbors were all hermits and nothing in az suprises me anymore. Was there tang and spacesticks on board? I assume you have posted this in the wierd thing you have found wheeling thread. Kinda beats the hell out of my pictures of the border fence.....

"Seems like alot and I can't say for a fact that it was all needed but that's what happens from reading forums." Jimk403
gsaxe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2012, 04:35 PM   #50
sirhk100

Those UFO pictures weren't actually mine. I've been to it once but didn't have a camera. Those are the only pictures I've ever found of the ufo online. I honestly don't know if I could find the UFO again really. I had some single track trails that I would hop on right on the side of 89 just across the street from that dive of a bar in Paulden. From there I'd ride the single track stuff north and could pop out in Ash Fork and run the highway under 40 for gas or food/drink and then loop back. I found the ufo out just getting lost on my bike one day. I've looked for it on google earth but never been able to figure out exactly where I was. I'm guessing it's probably about 5-7 miles south of the 89/I40 intersection and probably about 3-4 miles off to the west side of 89. There was properties and actual roads in the area I found it but no houses or out buildings in sight. I was basically riding game trails the whole day and getting lost knowing worse case as long as I knew my north/east/west/south I could work my way back to 89 and blast down the highway to get home if I got too twisted around.

The inside of the UFO was trashed!!! There was a couch and a mini bar inside it and just trash and graffiti everywhere. Typical abandoned cool think in the middle of nowhere that needs to be trashed by idiots for whatever reason.

My house is about 5 miles out west of Paulden down Big Chino road. It turns to dirt and keep going. I still own the house/property and have it rented. The market out there sucks and I'd like to sell it but chances are I'm stuck with it for the foreseeable future. If someone had cash I'd sell it for sure but it's not advertised anywhere.

Of topic but this is old low quality helmet cam footage of the typical trails I used to ride on the ridgeline just north of paulden. I typically stayed on the west side of highway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YblBvocSGg

Unread 10-11-2012, 04:46 PM   #51
sirhk100

As long as memory serves me correct, that kiln that I posted above is right here.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=pauld...izona&t=k&z=19

And if you're ever in that area checking out the kiln cross over the highway and go check out this OLD cematery also. late 1800's gravestones in there if old time stuff like that interests anyone.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=pauld...izona&t=h&z=19

And then from there you can cross under the train tracks thru this tunnel and it opens up a whole world of endless exploring!

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=pauld...izona&t=h&z=19

The two bridges I posted in hells canyon are right here.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=pauld...izona&t=h&z=18

Unread 10-21-2012, 09:47 PM   #52
SSRx7
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I went up to Coronado National Memorial, where I grew up and took some pics. My dad still lives inside the park (indwellers, owned the property before the park changed boundries with the US Forest Service, and now his property is inside the National Park) Any how, went up to see how the trees are doing after the Monument fire last year. While there are still quite a few burned trees, the amount of regrowth makes it look like there hasn't been a fire there in years.

Most of these pics are taken where the original ranger station used to stand many years ago. When I was in elementary school, the family of one of my classmates lived there, Doty Sparks. Her Great Aunt and Family actually owned all the property here and donated the land to the Park Service for the Monument. Later the park tried to buy them out and then subltly force them out. Eventually the Sparks sold the rest of their property to the park for an undisclosed amount. Now the boundry of the park extends all the way up to the pass. They have made offers to my dad and his neighbors (there were about 6 other families on his road on what used to be a cattle ranch), and all but one neighbor eventually sold their properties to the park. My dad and his neighbor Allen do not want to sell and the park has let them be. It was one heck of a great place to grow up as a kid.

Enjoy the pics:
1019110547.jpg   1019110613.jpg   1019110649.jpg   1019110710.jpg   1019110806.jpg  

1019110811.jpg   1019110848.jpg   1019110853.jpg   1019110913.jpg  
Unread 10-21-2012, 09:53 PM   #53
SSRx7
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Some more, some of these are going up the pass. They are not all in order, but they show alot of the beautiful scenery of just one canyon. There are so many neat places around this state! I hope you guys can get to see some of these if you haven't already.
1019111132.jpg   1019111207.jpg   1019111316.jpg   1019111412.jpg   1019111711.jpg  

1019112403.jpg   1019112429.jpg   1019120136.jpg   1019114350.jpg   1019114358.jpg  

Unread 10-22-2012, 12:55 PM   #54
ZMBJ33P
2008 JK Wrangler 

Pretty! I took my siblings on a Jeep run a few months back from the lake all the way around the mountains through the Memorial. Not terribly exciting in the way of obstacles, but they loved the scenery
Unread 10-23-2012, 01:46 PM   #55
03azwj
2003 WJ 

Great pics so far everyone. I'm in Prescott and still looking for some help installing my lift, so until then, my exploring is pretty minimal. Hope to be able to share some pictures soon.
3" OME HD springs, Bilstein 5100, JKS adjustable trackbar, Moog SS, IRO UCA'S & LCA'S, 3/4" front and rear spacers, BFG M/T km LT255/75R17, JK Rubicon takeoffs, 8K HIDS Hi's & Lo's. full Rockford Fosgate set-up, blue l.e.d. interior, clumsy driver
03azwj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2012, 01:50 PM   #56
SSRx7
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Wish I could help, hopefully someone in your area can give you a hand.
I try to take some pictures everywhere I go. Makes me want to come back and see it again. I'd love to see some of the places you all have posted pics of.
Unread 10-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #57
SSRx7
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMBJ33P View Post
Pretty! I took my siblings on a Jeep run a few months back from the lake all the way around the mountains through the Memorial. Not terribly exciting in the way of obstacles, but they loved the scenery
My brother told me there is a trail that goes up the back side of Rincon peak. You gave to go through Mescal to get to it... Might try that one of these days.. He also did alot of trails between the old missle sight and Sanoita... not much obstacles, we just like exploring...
Unread 10-23-2012, 06:53 PM   #58
fueljunkie
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03azwj
Great pics so far everyone. I'm in Prescott and still looking for some help installing my lift, so until then, my exploring is pretty minimal. Hope to be able to share some pictures soon.
How big a lift?
fueljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2012, 01:38 AM   #59
03azwj
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fueljunkie View Post
How big a lift?
The 3" OME lift from Kolak. As of now the springs, isolators and trackbar are sitting in the living room, with the new wheels and tires in the garage. Still waiting on my Bilsteins. Then just need it all installed.
3" OME HD springs, Bilstein 5100, JKS adjustable trackbar, Moog SS, IRO UCA'S & LCA'S, 3/4" front and rear spacers, BFG M/T km LT255/75R17, JK Rubicon takeoffs, 8K HIDS Hi's & Lo's. full Rockford Fosgate set-up, blue l.e.d. interior, clumsy driver
03azwj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2012, 06:36 AM   #60
fueljunkie
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03azwj

The 3" OME lift from Kolak. As of now the springs, isolators and trackbar are sitting in the living room, with the new wheels and tires in the garage. Still waiting on my Bilsteins. Then just need it all installed.
Do you have a garage? And what part of town ?
fueljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.