Pics of neat areas around where you live in Arizona - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Pics of neat areas around where you live in Arizona

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 04-23-2013, 01:29 AM   #226
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT
I took these near Bartlett last weekend... This was my first outing with the KJ less than 24 hours after I bought it. Pretty neat area, great catfish fishing in the lake this time of year too. Weather was great, but LOTS of bugs down in the bosque areas.

I know it's not a Jeep but these were taken the day after when I took my other truck out about 25 miles away Northwest of Rio Verde...
Bartlett has tons of fun wheeling! I did some fun crawlin out there when the lake was low. It's also a stellar spot for crappie fishing. We pulled about 70 out in about 5 hours early last fall on my buddies boat.

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #227
0uTkAsT
2007 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdEvilYJ View Post
Bartlett has tons of fun wheeling! I did some fun crawlin out there when the lake was low. It's also a stellar spot for crappie fishing. We pulled about 70 out in about 5 hours early last fall on my buddies boat.
Oh yeah, great fishing and tons of cool places to wheel. There are all kinds of trails around Rio Verde and further West towards Scottsdale.

I usually wheel further east in Bulldog Canyon, Sycamore Creek, etc. so it was nice to have a change of scenery. Its also a bit cooler up there.
'07 KJ 4X4 - Front & Rear Tow Hooks - Rightline Roof Carrier - aFe Pro-Guard Drop-In - Full Mopar Skids - Custom Phone Mount - 400W Inverter - Clevis - Top Plate - Isos - 16x7" Black Rock Lobos - Gorilla Lugs - Planned: Trimmed Bumper, Dynomax Muffler, Soundstream H/U, 15W Reverse Lights, Airflow Snorkel, Lund Catch-All Xtreme Floor Liners
0uTkAsT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2013, 02:56 PM   #228
HSKR4X4
2008 JK Wrangler 

What trails are you talking about on the Scottsdale side
Unread 04-23-2013, 10:57 PM   #229
0uTkAsT
2007 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSKR4X4 View Post
What trails are you talking about on the Scottsdale side
I have no idea what they're called honestly. There's a bunch that start out north of Dynamite off 144th past a bunch of horse ranches. There's more that shoot off 160th (I think?) And more even further East as you approach Rio Verde.

I just stumbled across all of them while exploring out there. My wife works on a ranch in that area so I have had lots of opportunities to play around and find cool spots while visiting her on weekends.
'07 KJ 4X4 - Front & Rear Tow Hooks - Rightline Roof Carrier - aFe Pro-Guard Drop-In - Full Mopar Skids - Custom Phone Mount - 400W Inverter - Clevis - Top Plate - Isos - 16x7" Black Rock Lobos - Gorilla Lugs - Planned: Trimmed Bumper, Dynomax Muffler, Soundstream H/U, 15W Reverse Lights, Airflow Snorkel, Lund Catch-All Xtreme Floor Liners
Unread 04-24-2013, 12:59 AM   #230
HSKR4X4
2008 JK Wrangler 

Man two of the trails I've explored turned into full blown dirt bike trails and thorn bush alley. It really sucked! I'll go exploring around there this weekend then. I'm only a few miles south of Dynamite and Scottsdale Rd
Unread 04-24-2013, 10:05 AM   #231
0uTkAsT
2007 KJ Liberty 

Yeah some can get really tight and gnarly in spots. Lots of wash outs and steep off-camber areas if you're going to or from the washes. Hardly any trucks or Jeeps out there (99% of the time I see dirt bikes, ATVs and side-by-sides) so they aren't worn down by truck erosion... The only thing that changes the surface of the trails is the heavy rainfall we've had. I take my lifted/locked Tacoma when I'm out there putzing around because it can randomly go from really mild trail to insane rutty descents and back again so if you haven't been out there before you don't really know what to expect.

Not a great picture but you get the idea. I was prerunning down this smooth section of a trail at about 35 MPH when it curved down and around to the left into a narrow, curving descent, approx. 60% grade with lots of deep ruts and big rocks thrown in to make it interesting.

The only part that kinda sucks about that area (like Bulldog Canyon, my favorite wheeling area) is that there's no shooting posted at every trailhead.
Unread 04-24-2013, 11:31 AM   #232
ferninaz

2012 JK Wrangler 

I like the no shooting signs, I am a gun enthusiast and a hunter and I think its sad to see spent casings all over AZ's trails. I go to a proper shooting range if I want to target shoot and when I am hunting I police my own brass and sometimes other peoples.
ferninaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 11:53 AM   #233
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferninaz View Post
I like the no shooting signs, I am a gun enthusiast and a hunter and I think its sad to see spent casings all over AZ's trails. I go to a proper shooting range if I want to target shoot and when I am hunting I police my own brass and sometimes other peoples.
On our trails clean ups it is the shooters that can care less what they leave. Gives everyone else a bad rep. I save the brass too. even the ones I don't load. Trade it with others need it or give it away to those that do.

Much of the trails being closed is from shooters that pile tons of trash to shoot at. When i go shooting I have steel targets. ezpzy to set up and take home. Or my set of bowling pins that I take home.
Unread 04-24-2013, 12:43 PM   #234
0uTkAsT
2007 KJ Liberty 

That's true and I totally understand your viewpoints, but for sake of argument the people who leave trash and shell casings everywhere are already breaking the law, there is just no way to enforce it. They are the same kind of people who litter on our highways, don't tread lightly, shoot in areas designated no shooting anyways, start wildfires, etc. You still see trash, shotgun shell hulls and bullet casings out along the trails where it's posted that its illegal to shoot... people are just less inclined to do it for prolonged periods. Meanwhile, I took a .30-30 lever gun and ten rounds of ammunition with me last weekend to chronograph two new handloads I developed, but I couldn't legally set up and shoot without driving another 60 miles to state land. That's where I'm coming from. Another good example is Butcher Jones... it wasn't the shooters that got the area mostly closed off, cameras installed, and all the trails graded, it was irresponsible off-roaders who were destroying the environment by hill climbing illegally, leaving designated trails, driving into prohibited areas of the lake, etc. Those kinds of people are going to continue to do it, but in the mean time everyone else who enjoyed responsible off-roading in the area are being punished.
Unread 04-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #235
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

I have a 356 Win Lever action and a 44. My two favorit rifles.
Unread 04-30-2013, 07:50 PM   #236
ericksin
1982 CJ7 

Not really close to home, But we went to Kanab Utah just north of the Arizona border For our once a year out of Arizona trip. these trips are a week long
dsc03945.jpg   dsc03954.jpg   dsc03955.jpg   dsc03969.jpg   dsc04000.jpg  

dsc03963.jpg  
Unread 04-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #237
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Erick looks like a very cool place. After Fuel had talked about it. I checked to see what YouTube had on it. there is a creek/canyon/river bed(dry) out there somewhere that looks like some class 4? Looks like a good area and not as far as Moab.

Great pics.
Unread 04-30-2013, 10:06 PM   #238
ericksin
1982 CJ7 

Hot Damn there where some tough trails... A lot of trails in Hog Canyon where Black Diamonds, real fun ones. I came across a Double Red Diamond trail out there and no kidding man if it wasn't for my front Rhino bar I would have rolled of the mountain. of course my wife was out the jeep to take Vids but forgot to press the record button i told the rest to stay back while i go a little farther and see whats ahead, and yep it got way worse LoL..... my wife took pic's but through the pic's you couldn't tell there was the trail in front of me. So we turned around and played on some other black Diamond trails. Its hard to see but here is a pic of the trail marker with the Double Red Diamonds, its funny about every 50 or 60 feet there where Caution sighs
dsc03995.jpg  
Unread 04-30-2013, 11:19 PM   #239
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

THats the one Hogs worth canyon!
Unread 05-20-2013, 08:30 AM   #240
ferninaz

2012 JK Wrangler 

Near Clifton AZ.
971185_10151597118601250_1745974647_n.jpg   644423_10151597118796250_1749258530_n.jpg  
ferninaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.