Phoenix Area! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Phoenix Area!

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBlack Friday SALE! Up to 20% off at Diode Dynamics!Metalcloak's Black Friday & Small Business Saturday Sa

Unread 02-23-2008, 03:37 PM   #1
willhbauto
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Phoenix Area!

So all the San Diego Guys have there own thread that seems to grow and grow and the seem to have alot of get togethers. Well, us Phoenix Jeepers need to communicate on whats going on and have some get-togethers ourselves. Anybody do the 4 peaks/Superstition and surrounding areas? How about any other fun trails in the Phoenix area?

Dana 44 Rear, 3.73 Gears, 4" ProComp Lift w/ Daystar 1 3/4" Spacer in front, Skyjacker Hydro 7000 Shocks, JKS Quicker Disconnects, 33"x12.50" Pro Comp Xtreme M/T, R.C. Adj. Front Track Bar, RR 1/4" CA Mounts, Front Aussie Locker, Front/Rear Riddlers, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, Rokmen Power Steering Skid, Rusty's Radiator Skid, Rokmen Mercenary Front Bumper, Rokmen Mercenary Rocker Guards, Warn Engine/Oil Pan Skid, Tuff Designs Rear Tire Carrier/Bumper, Warn M8000 Winch, IPF H4 Headlight conversion w/ IPF Fatboy X55 bulbs
[U]Waiting to be installed:[/U]
*Rusty's Steering Box Support Brace
willhbauto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2008, 04:50 PM   #2
Jones
Consider the following...

I have done the 4 peaks area a few times with my 93 ZJ. Sickamore (spelling?) is also fun, want to do some payson trails also. Im not going to do anything untill I get my lift on though, I keep bottoming out on every trail
Unread 02-25-2008, 07:04 PM   #3
willhbauto
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, 4 peaks is a good time, I've been hearing that the Florence area has a plethora of Jeep trails down in some of the canyons back there, I'm in Gilbert so thats not too far from me. This sunday I'm gonna try to head out there and check it out. The list sounds like a good idea with that long wheelbase.
Dana 44 Rear, 3.73 Gears, 4" ProComp Lift w/ Daystar 1 3/4" Spacer in front, Skyjacker Hydro 7000 Shocks, JKS Quicker Disconnects, 33"x12.50" Pro Comp Xtreme M/T, R.C. Adj. Front Track Bar, RR 1/4" CA Mounts, Front Aussie Locker, Front/Rear Riddlers, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, Rokmen Power Steering Skid, Rusty's Radiator Skid, Rokmen Mercenary Front Bumper, Rokmen Mercenary Rocker Guards, Warn Engine/Oil Pan Skid, Tuff Designs Rear Tire Carrier/Bumper, Warn M8000 Winch, IPF H4 Headlight conversion w/ IPF Fatboy X55 bulbs
Unread 02-25-2008, 07:54 PM   #4
Prouzy
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Lately I've been playing/exploring up by lake pleasant, castle hot springs...
I did the trail from Prescott down to Crown King to Bumble Bee, that was cool but I was by myself and didn't really want to do a any off-trail "exploring"...

I'd be down for a get together/trail ride....
[COLOR="Red"][B]RJC #449[/B][/COLOR]
Prouzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2008, 08:40 PM   #5
crawldit
2005 TJ Wrangler 

There are tons of trails in AZ. Florence Junction, Table Mesa and the White Tanks are offroad playgrounds. They all have trails from easy to wild. I would definitely recommend joining a local club or two. Also, these books are a must http://www.4x4books.com/az.htm . Try not to go out alone.

Here are some local clubs that you should look up:

www.azjeepclub.com
www.arizonatrailways.com
www.azbackcountry.com
www.crawlinaz.com
www.virtualjeepclub.com (probably the largest club in AZ)
www.wheelingarizona.com
crawldit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2008, 10:59 AM   #6
2k1XJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Hello

Hello Guys and Gals, i would love to get some more wheeling friends, i have a few but they flake out on me all the time. it would be fun to see something other then XJ's too I have done the normal butcher jones ,a lot, good for beginners, some tough stuff if you got the kahones. I have done most all trails in sedona. and for something fun and close, Sunflower mine, up 87, is rad, probably one of the best times i have had, XJ pilot and I were there a few months back, it was great.

I have never been but have heard good stuff about florence as well, my buddy with a ZR2 has been going there for many years.

next sunday huh? i will have to see if i can get out of the house, when were you thinking of meeting will H ?

Last edited by 2k1XJ; 02-26-2008 at 11:23 AM..
2k1XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2008, 08:14 PM   #7
Jones

I have always wanted to do sunflower mine. I don't think I will have my lift on the niner by next sunday though. Maybe in a few weeks it will be on with all the kinks worked out of it.
Unread 02-27-2008, 12:25 PM   #8
willhbauto
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Hmmm... if we can get a good group together for sunday that would be sweet! Anybody know the florence area real well for a meet-up spot?
Unread 02-27-2008, 09:16 PM   #9
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Hey there! One of the infamous "San Diego Guys" here!

I think another great idea would to meet up somewhere in the middle! There are plenty of places to go on the AZ/CA border. Maybe even arrange a day or weekend were you guys drive out here and we show ya around the SD trails and you can do the same for us!

Just throwing some things out there to think about! I know I'll be in the Prescott area in July and would love to find some dirt to play in.
Unread 02-27-2008, 10:55 PM   #10
Jones

Unless you like heat, heat, and more heat i wouldn't come to AZ in July.
Unread 02-28-2008, 08:59 AM   #11
willhbauto
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Hell Yeah! Anybody ever go to the Dunes out there by Yuma? I wouldn't mind seeing what San Diego has to offer next time I'm out there
Unread 02-28-2008, 09:01 AM   #12
willhbauto
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Prescott is nice in July, it doesn't get to be 120 like here in Mesa, its in the high 90's to low 100's, its a little more tolerable, but prescott is fun with all those pine covered mountains, I've been mountain biking through there a few time, I saw some sweet jeep trails!
Unread 02-28-2008, 09:22 AM   #13
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -ZJones- View Post
Unless you like heat, heat, and more heat i wouldn't come to AZ in July.
I can handle the heat, heat and more heat. I was stationed in Yuma for 3 1/2 years and no place is hotter than there. Combine the 115+ degree temps with the 90% humidity and, well, you get the point. I wouldn't go anywhere south of Phoenix between May and October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhbauto View Post
Hell Yeah! Anybody ever go to the Dunes out there by Yuma? I wouldn't mind seeing what San Diego has to offer next time I'm out there
Ya know, I was in Yuma for years and never made it out to those damn dunes! The beauty of SD is we don't cook in the summer! Its not to bad of a drive either. Something like 5 hours from Phoenix I think. Let me know next time you're out here.
Unread 03-02-2008, 12:37 AM   #14
chrisjep97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

out by bartlett lake was fun until the forrest service closed down all the trails after the cave creek complex fire. horseshoe lake to sheeps bridge is one ive been waiting to do, need the runoff to lighten up a bit til i feel safe(ish) crossing the verde river.
chrisjep97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2008, 05:07 AM   #15
ruff88xj

1992 YJ Wrangler 

dang...i find this thread the day i leave arizona...lol..anyways the only trails i was able to do during the 12 weeks i was here (spent most of time wrenching on the jeep to get back and forth to class) was Montana Mt which is good for a stockish jeep and a trail called 342 or 324 that branches off or montana mt. this one i would recommend b/c the views are unbeleiveable. We didnt finshed the trail b/c the ranger that was wheeling with me couldnt make the hill climb down near the mine that the trail runs by. but never the less it was a great time. i plan on coming back next fall to hit Broken Arrow and Backway to Crownking...those i wanted to do but either mechicanical problems or fire's keep me off the trails.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/y...92-yj-1766433/
ruff88xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.