Panning for gold - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Panning for gold

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-02-2012, 10:12 PM   #1
DYNOGUY
2012 JK Wrangler 

Panning for gold

OK so I'm going to be around Parker & Phoenix and also going to KOH for the next couple of weeks are there any spots I could go to to try my hand at some prospecting? Most likely will be doing some camping also as I'll have a few free days before I need to be at Speed world in Surprise for a short course test.
Thanks in advance,
Mike

DYNOGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2012, 09:48 AM   #2
ATLTempe
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Dry panning the Mineral Mountains by Martinez Canyon is pretty good. Lynx Creek in Prescott will almost alway get you some color.
ATLTempe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #3
DYNOGUY
2012 JK Wrangler 

Thank for the info. I've had to change my plans as I'd to fly home today for a couple of days to get some stuff out of the shop instead of being able to take a couple of days to go look, so maybe I'll be able to go next week after I get done with the testing on Thursday and start for home.
Unread 02-13-2012, 06:03 AM   #4
ATLTempe
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Give me a shout when you get out here. Always looking to meet other wheelers and show off Arizona!
Unread 02-15-2012, 07:39 AM   #5
DYNOGUY
2012 JK Wrangler 

Thanks ATL just got back in late last night, hopefully I'll be done with the track testing today and not have to do more tomorrow. I'll pm you when I get free because I'll only have a day to spare since I'll be starting my drive back home.
Unread 02-16-2012, 09:04 AM   #6
ATLTempe
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Alright then.
Unread 02-16-2012, 10:30 PM   #7
DYNOGUY
2012 JK Wrangler 

Sorry for not being able to get hooked up today. I ended up at Lynx creek for a fee hours and got a couple of flakes, pretty cool but I know I lost a few as I don't know how to work the pan correctly and don't have one of those little sucker bottles to pick out the flakes before I went to far trying to clean out the pan and of course I need to get something to help separate the bigger rocks &such before putting in pan. Overall a pretty good day meet a couple of helpful guys who got me started. Lucky I live in North Carolina so when I get a weekend off I'll head out to the mountains and see what happens.
Unread 03-13-2012, 03:07 PM   #8
SheRoxx
2012 JK Wrangler 

Jk Gold Panning

My husband has been talking about wanting to do some prospecting as well. If/when you guys get together, let us know - would love to join ya! Do you have gf or wives that come with or is it a guys only thing?

Kelly
SheRoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 05:41 PM   #9
firegod33
1977 CJ5 

I expect to be relocating to Phoenix in the next couple of months and would love to get together for a little wheeling and panning, as well. Keep the thread going, please.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.