Newbie from Chandler, AZ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Newbie from Chandler, AZ

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-23-2008, 08:02 PM   #1
Buck54
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Newbie from Chandler, AZ

Just wanted to introduce myself check in from Chandler, AZ . Very new to the jeep thing. I was wondering if you guys could recommend some good local clubs that aren't too hard on the new guy and provide some trail mentoring. Put it this way my jeep is way past my level and it is time to cut my teeth. Thanks ahead of time & see you out there.

Buck54 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2008, 11:12 PM   #2
Scully
1995 YJ Wrangler 

What part of Chandler are you in? I live on the northwest side of Chandler...
Anyway, I was thinking of running Bulldog Canyon (night run) next weekend and its a good trail for cutting your teeth on.
Let me know if your interested.
Unread 07-24-2008, 01:29 PM   #3
Buck54
2006 LJ Wrangler 

which night were you thinking?
Unread 07-24-2008, 03:58 PM   #4
Scully
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I was thinking Sat night.
You'll need to get a permit (free) from the Mesa Ranger station. I don't have the address handy, but when I find it I can post it up for you.
Unread 07-24-2008, 04:44 PM   #5
Buck54
2006 LJ Wrangler 

This Sat the 26 or the 2nd? I can do some research and sort the permit out. By the way I'm in south Chandler (Alma & Germann).
Unread 07-24-2008, 05:08 PM   #6
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I have a bunch of Jeepin'/wheelin' buddies who are from the Phoenix/AZ area.

They like to wheel (myself included) in the Table Mesa, and Florence Junction areas. Almost all of them belong to the Arizona Virtual Jeep Club. Here's a link to the website:

http://www.azvirtualjeepclub.com/
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2008, 08:08 PM   #7
Scully
1995 YJ Wrangler 

It would be the Sat 2nd.

X2 on the AZVJC, thats were I spend most of my time.

I have the address for the Ranger station at home, but I'm in IL thru the week so I don't have access to it. If you check the azvjc, someone on there should have it posted.

How much trail time do you have?
Unread 07-25-2008, 05:28 PM   #8
Buck54
2006 LJ Wrangler 

That sounds great! The only issue is that I may not be free until 5:30 or 6. What time are you thinking about hitting the road? I found the address for the ranger station, and I will sort out the permit.

As for trail experience...Does asphalt count? I'm just pulling your leg. I'm a newbie, but I have spent time in the dirt. Every vehicle I have owned has been a 4 wheel drive, and have done a lot of basic stuff. I did a little research on Bull Dog, and it doesn't look too technical. I shouldn't have any problem keeping up.

When I spoke of "trail mentoring" I was thinking of those who don't mind teaching me the more tech stuff. Like picking a line, tire placement, spotting, recovery, etc... All the stuff when a roll over is possible. I really want to learn the capabilities of my jeep, and use the crap out of it
Unread 07-25-2008, 05:29 PM   #9
Buck54
2006 LJ Wrangler 

checked out AZ virtual jeep club. Probably be my new home. Thanks guys. Joe what part of SD do you live in?
Unread 07-25-2008, 09:10 PM   #10
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck54 View Post
checked out AZ virtual jeep club. Probably be my new home. Thanks guys. Joe what part of SD do you live in?
I live in Rancho San Diego, but often I'm away on business travel. I've been home ~25 days so far this year. Rancho San Diego is a small community ~20 miles northeast from downtown nested in the hills of south El Cajon.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2008, 11:59 AM   #11
Scully
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That sounds great! The only issue is that I may not be free until 5:30 or 6. What time are you thinking about hitting the road? I found the address for the ranger station, and I will sort out the permit.

As for trail experience...Does asphalt count? I'm just pulling your leg. I'm a newbie, but I have spent time in the dirt. Every vehicle I have owned has been a 4 wheel drive, and have done a lot of basic stuff. I did a little research on Bull Dog, and it doesn't look too technical. I shouldn't have any problem keeping up.

When I spoke of "trail mentoring" I was thinking of those who don't mind teaching me the more tech stuff. Like picking a line, tire placement, spotting, recovery, etc... All the stuff when a roll over is possible. I really want to learn the capabilities of my jeep, and use the crap out of it

More than likely we wouldn't hit the trail till around 7 or 8, its just to hot wheel before the suns down.
Bull Dog is a mellow trail and I'm looking to run something that I won't break on!
Unread 07-29-2008, 03:56 PM   #12
Buck54
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Scully

I'm down. PM me & we'll set up a meeting place and time.
Unread 07-29-2008, 09:46 PM   #13
Scully
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry Buck, there's been a change of plans. My Dad has to head out of town for the weekend so he can't make this run. He's the one that was setting it up, so we are going to run it when he gets back.
I still want to do a night run sat, but thought I'd step it up a bit. How do you feel about body damage?
Unread 07-29-2008, 10:45 PM   #14
Buck54
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully View Post
Sorry Buck, there's been a change of plans. My Dad has to head out of town for the weekend so he can't make this run. He's the one that was setting it up, so we are going to run it when he gets back.
I still want to do a night run sat, but thought I'd step it up a bit. How do you feel about body damage?
Gotta get rubbed sometime just as long as I don't roll it up. Im still payin on it. I hit you up on AZ forum. Let me know when where & any other advice. Do I need a helmet?
Unread 07-30-2008, 11:09 PM   #15
Scully
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Do I need a helmet?
It wouldn't hurt!

Sent you a PM on the azvjc.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.