New JF.com member in AZ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > New JF.com member in AZ

Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #1
FailWheelDrive
2001 WJ 

New JF.com member in AZ

Hey guys!

I've never been much of an off-roader until I moved to AZ.

I bought a little Jeep Patriot as a daily driver a while back. Once I starting to take it down trails I realized it sucked so I started modifying it. Well, it was what it was so I decided to trade it for my current ride a few months ago.

It's an 01 WJ Limited. 4.7, quadradrive, upcountry, etc. It was bone stock when I got it with 78k on the clock, a true old lady driven cream puff:

I bought it with the intent of modding it, but didn't expect it would come along as fast as it has. So far I've installed:

Airaid Intake
Superchips 93 oct tune
Transgo Shift kit
JKS Disconnects
Moog Trail Boss stabilizer
removed rear sway bar
IRO 3" lift
Bilstein 5100s
JKS adj track bar
front/rear/cargo rubber liners
Taillight brush guards
debadged
JKU 16's
Mud Guard 265/70/16's (31x10.5)
New OE black headlights

Now it looks like this:

I've done some maintenance stuff like:
trans fluid & filters
oil/filter
fuel filter
oil pressure sending unit
lots of injector cleaner
new TPS
new plugs

Here's a couple vids before the suspension:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGq3l6MKZ_Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thf_SUy9yGA

Here's one from this weekend testing out some of the new hardware:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh5nbTzol9U

I have the IRO budget rock rails and high clearance cross member ordered.

Future plans include:

A rear upper A-arm spacer
tie rod flip kit/new TRE's
steering stabilizer relocate
Redline fluid for the F/R diffs
t-case fluid change (already have the fluid)
Skid/cover for the D30
bikini cut front bumper
lightbar/roofbasket (already have them need to repaint/wire etc)
maybe a front brush guard if I can find one cheap
maybe a front hitch (I have a winch on a hitch mount so would be nice)

Hoping I can attend a local meet soon.

BTW: I have my Upcountry springs/shocks up for sale on CL if anyone is interested. Tried to post them in the classifieds here but there's probably a post count restriction or something.

FailWheelDrive is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #2
SSRx7
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Nice Rig!. I put my 31's on my wife's ZJ and now she doesn't want to give them back. So now I'm getting a 2" budget lift for her. She isn't into hard core stuff, but likes to get off the highway and onto some of the easier dirt trails around here. My YJ is what we use for harder trails.... Offroadpassport is a club near your area where many of the members have Grand Cherokees and Cherokees, along with a mixture of other rigs. They have members all over the state and even some I think in a couple of other states. You can check them out online. If you ever come down south of Tucson, we have a couple of groups down here as well. One of the Great things about Arizona is that there are trails all over the state, with just about any type of wheeling you could want.

Welcome to the "Jeep Thing".
SSRx7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 04:59 PM   #3
Wilbready
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRx7
Nice Rig!. I put my 31's on my wife's ZJ and now she doesn't want to give them back. So now I'm getting a 2" budget lift for her. She isn't into hard core stuff, but likes to get off the highway and onto some of the easier dirt trails around here. My YJ is what we use for harder trails.... Offroadpassport is a club near your area where many of the members have Grand Cherokees and Cherokees, along with a mixture of other rigs. They have members all over the state and even some I think in a couple of other states. You can check them out online. If you ever come down south of Tucson, we have a couple of groups down here as well. One of the Great things about Arizona is that there are trails all over the state, with just about any type of wheeling you could want.

Welcome to the "Jeep Thing".
I am new to this page, but have been on jeep forum since I bought my WK in February of this year.
Unread 09-09-2013, 12:36 PM   #4
FailWheelDrive
2001 WJ 

Thanks SSRx7, I've definitely got the bug!
FailWheelDrive is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.