New to Jeeps, Offroading, and this forum - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > New to Jeeps, Offroading, and this forum

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJeep Tweaks at JeepHutSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 11-26-2011, 10:23 AM   #16
mbybee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKTJ_LJ04 View Post
If you want a trail guide I would be glad to show you around.
I will totally take you up on that!

mbybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2011, 03:23 PM   #17
BKTJ_LJ04
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
Well not in your neck of the desert but if you are planning to get up north/west. We get out alot, there are many trails that are great and even stock you should be fine with a bit of a challenge as well. Until you get a few mods I would stay in the rated 1 to 2+/3- trails; 4 and 5's get rather rough and are best done with highly moded Jeeps that you are willing to beat up and with others in case you get in trouble.

Heres a link to a book that is good start with the info you want "in the Jeep" when getting out to new areas that you are unfamiliar. "Guide"

Other sources can be found online too.
Be careful with those books unless it is updated to this year. There have been some changes regarding trails and closures here in AZ and you could get heavily fined and not to mention make those trying to fight to keep the trails open look real bad.

Lots of info here...if you search...otherwise just ask.

http://virtualjeepclub.com/

http://www.azohvc.com/
Unread 11-26-2011, 06:22 PM   #18
mbybee

Thanks!

I just joined, hope that little bit helps.

I also pulled this trashbag full of garbage off the trail I was on today:
mbybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2011, 12:15 AM   #19
thatoneguyaz
2004 WJ 

Wj

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKTJ_LJ04 View Post
VJC is good for information about local trails and runs but you will find a lot of DB's on there with no respect for anyone. Have thick skin and enjoy meeting new people.

That route you took is amazing. Next time you can turn right when you get to the T and you can go out towards red creek or even go left after the right and cross the Verde river and go to fossil springs and then end up in Camp Verde or Strawberry.

Of course don't do that until the summer time as the water will be too high and fast with the rain and snow we are now getting up north.

If you want a trail guide I would be glad to show you around.

Definitely. Will do.

Thanks! I did not know that. I did go right and go a ways down the trail that was marked verde river but I didn't finish it because I was tired and didn't want to be falling asleep on the drive home.

Definitely will probably take you up on that sometime.
thatoneguyaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2011, 01:37 PM   #20
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

yep some are closed, with gates or sighns. If it says stop at this pont and you do not its your fault not the books.
222Doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 07:10 PM   #21
thatoneguyaz
2004 WJ 

I don't mess around with that, if it says no trespassing or anything like that - I don't go in.
Unread 12-05-2011, 07:14 PM   #22
Aaron0028
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Great to see some people in az
Aaron0028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 10:01 AM   #23
thatoneguyaz
2004 WJ 

Thanks! Hopefully I will actually SEE someone on the trails one day!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.