New guy in Flagstaff, AZ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > New guy in Flagstaff, AZ

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 10-06-2012, 02:17 PM   #1
nikwho
2008 JK Wrangler 

Jk New guy in Flagstaff, AZ

Hello all, I didn't see a member introduction area elsewhere in the forum so I thought that I would introduce myself here. I live in Flagstaff, AZ. I just bought a 2008 JKU "X" with a six speed, Teraflex BB and 35" Cooper Discoverer STT's. Well, actually I bought it two days ago with 285-70-17 ProComp X-Mud's, but I just ordered the 35" Coopers. First things on deck is 5.13:1 R&P and possibly two lockers. One for sure, two if I can swing it. Adding a Poison Spyder Trail Cage and a CB soon, too. Hopefully I will see some of you guys out on the trails! I have owned an XJ, TJ and a YJ, with the YJ being the most built with 60's and a SBC. This new JKU is my daily driver so it won't be built up TOO much. Easy to say now, I probably won't be able to hold out for long!

Glad to be here!

Nik C.

nikwho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2012, 02:30 PM   #2
nikwho
2008 JK Wrangler 

I am happy to have just recieved my email back from JEEP with my build sheet! I thought for sure that my JEEP would have come from the factory with 3.21's, but it indeed has 3.73's. That will buy me a little time for the gear swap. Here it is on the LOT when I found it. The red Avalanche in the background is what I traded in for it. Very nice change! I have been without a JEEP for about four years!
Unread 10-06-2012, 02:32 PM   #3
nikwho
2008 JK Wrangler 

One more...
Unread 10-07-2012, 08:43 PM   #4
fueljunkie
2011 JK Wrangler 

Welcome
fueljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2012, 10:07 AM   #5
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

You should join The Arizona Virtual Jeep Club (AZVJC) . The largest Net jeep club free. Very active though most are south of us and doing day runs would be a very early start. But you can also get in the big runs that come up, like Rubicon/ moab etc., next year in Aug I plan to lead/ tail gunner depends on the group the Dusy Ershim Trail. This would be a 3 day run, camping. Since these trips involve "Vacation time for most people" and all at the same time early planning is a must.

Local clubs that run the northern area are a great way to find people that wheel in our area. I know a few Jeep clubs that run trails from Bullhead to Flag and as south as Parker(my home club). There are a few very classic trails that are long day runs. One that would be a buckit list would be Moss Wash.

You can run with just about ANY Jeep club just check there list of up coming runs that fit your time. Most runs are open to public, you would sign a waver. Then you can run with them, and have the security if anything goes wrong if it can be fixed or towed out. We leave no man behind ever.

Anyway welcome to AZ wheeling, winter comes it gets better here in the low areas our season comes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.