New to AZ! I need some to do some wheeling! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > New to AZ! I need some to do some wheeling!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-23-2011, 06:43 PM   #16
thatoneguyaz
2004 WJ 

Maybe I'll try it tonight, hmmm....

Edit:
Oops the trail book is posted above. Seriously considering purchasing.

Last edited by thatoneguyaz; 11-23-2011 at 09:43 PM..
thatoneguyaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 11:37 PM   #17
Serr8edEdge
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dslywalker View Post
You can get on Mt Vernon road in Prescott aka Senator Highway and travel for 40 mikes to Crown King,Pine Flats Mayer Poland Jct Walker a lot of area to cover in the S. Brashaws
How is the trail from prescott to crown king? I've been thinking about going up there but i don't want to trash the stock WJ.
Serr8edEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 08:20 AM   #18
ericksin
1982 CJ7 

Very easy in the summer months a 2 wheeled truck can do it, but in the winter months it can be tough there are parts of the trail that never get any sun, so the snow is high and frozen. I am part of the Yavapai Search & Rescue (Jeep Posse) there has been 4 rescues up there this snow season. You know the rule "never go alone" take another jeep with ya
Unread 01-20-2012, 12:24 PM   #19
dslywalker
1983 CJ7 

Call The Prospector up there.Someone there can give some info
http://www.crownkingaz.com/directory/
dslywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 10:07 AM   #20
cosninocanines
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Both of the guides mentioned are good. Backcountry Adventures by Peter Massey and Jeanne Wilson will have a few more trails in your area. Arizona Backroads is easier to follow. Hope you are having fun if you stay for the summer all the forests in Arizona have unlimited roads and trails (even with the new regulations).
Unread 01-31-2012, 07:55 AM   #21
Mojo51
2012 WK 

I just ordered the Arizona back roads book. I'm going to be out there in April and hope toget some good trails driving in. Anyone know of any events going on in April?
Mojo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2012, 03:14 PM   #22
Billy
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Senator highway is a fun trail. also, there is a long *** trail/road (ignored old train route) that leads from Jerome to Williams. It's called Perkinsville road. It's a long trail, but there are many many beautiful sights. And some not so beautiful. It's only fun if you have the time to do it.

Also in Sedona, there is Broken Arrow Trail, and a couple others.

Out toward Skull Valley there are are many trails that I cant name off the top of my head.

If you feel like venturing a little farther out of your way, you can check out Box Canyon or Table mesa.

On senator hwy, once you make it to crown king, you can continue on the trail all the way down to Lake Pleasant down here in the valley.

Head down the 69 and go north on the I-17 about 3 miles from the junction and get off at Dugas road. take that road all the way into Strawberry. That is a fantastic trail with a good river crossing too.

Do your homework, and don't go anyplace you don't think you could get out of. You have tons of options from Prescott. and they are all good ones too.
Unread 02-18-2012, 11:52 PM   #23
mbookxj
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Hey I'm looking at moving back to Prescott, do the have laws against your wheels sticking out past your fender flares? I have an '89 XJ and my wheels stick out about 2" or just under.
mbookxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2012, 09:27 AM   #24
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

well it depends really. Most "towns" not cities it seems to not be a issue. Here in havasu, we run about anything on the road. As long as it has plates and lights. I have seen open wheeled rigs here in town ever day. Prescott has done alot of growing since i was there last, about 18 years ago. But for a few inches I would think the local police wont care. If they do you will have to get some flares or fab up something on the cheep.
222Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2012, 06:38 PM   #25
WindKnot
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbookxj View Post
Hey I'm looking at moving back to Prescott, do the have laws against your wheels sticking out past your fender flares? I have an '89 XJ and my wheels stick out about 2" or just under.
Arizona Revised Statutes says the whole tread MUST be covered. I'd worry about Prescott PD, BUT I'D WORRY ABOUT PRESCOTT VALLEY PD MORE!

PS, Hope you've already got a job lined up, because they're few and far between.
Unread 02-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #26
fueljunkie
2011 JK Wrangler 

I've never been bothered and have never heard of anybody getting harassed.
fueljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2012, 11:25 PM   #27
Billy
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindKnot View Post
Arizona Revised Statutes says the whole tread MUST be covered. I'd worry about Prescott PD, BUT I'D WORRY ABOUT PRESCOTT VALLEY PD MORE!

PS, Hope you've already got a job lined up, because they're few and far between.
AZ revised statutes are WAY lenient with their vehicle laws. Don't even think twice about it. People ride their dune buggies and ATV's around town in these parts.

you gotta be really effing up to be stopped by PD in this state. PLUS the more rural the area, the more lenient the law is on this issue.
Unread 02-20-2012, 07:41 AM   #28
fueljunkie
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy

AZ revised statutes are WAY lenient with their vehicle laws. Don't even think twice about it. People ride their dune buggies and ATV's around town in these parts.

you gotta be really effing up to be stopped by PD in this state. PLUS the more rural the area, the more lenient the law is on this issue.
What he said.
Unread 02-20-2012, 06:34 PM   #29
mbookxj
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindKnot View Post

Are jobs really that hard to get? I'll be working in the HVAC/R industry. When I moved away in 2009 I had two jobs while I went to school. They were crappy jobs but...

Just curious.
mbookxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2012, 06:49 PM   #30
fueljunkie
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbookxj

Are jobs really that hard to get? I'll be working in the HVAC/R industry. When I moved away in 2009 I had two jobs while I went to school. They were crappy jobs but...

Just curious.
I'm not going to lie to you it's tough.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.