Need to get TJ on (off?) the road. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Need to get TJ on (off?) the road.

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #1
H00sierDaddy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Need to get TJ on (off?) the road.

Hi all,

I have a '97 TJ Sport 4.0 I ordered new. I used to 4 wheel a lot but have drifted away. I should have sold it (had lots of offers) but kept it thinking I'd get back into it and might not want to go thru all the mods again when the time came.

But I guess that's not going to happen. Now that I think I want to sell it, that's the time it finally decided it wouldn't start. I had finally waited too long between running.

Anyway, I'm looking for a reliable shop or individual in the Phoenix area to get it back in running condition so I can either get re-interested or sell it.

I know it will need all new fluids at a minimum. It still cranks and briefly starts but it quickly stalls out so I assume there is some sort of fuel issue. My son thought it was a bad fuel pump and pulled it from the tank but couldn't figure out how to test it outside the Jeep. LoL.

Anyway, if anyone can recommend someone or some business that does this sort of thing, I'd appreciate it. I'm not the type to just get it running, I want to bring it back to 1st rate shape whether I sell it or not.

Thanks

H00sierDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2013, 04:13 AM   #2
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Try service techniques in chandler off Roosevelt.
aroundincircles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2013, 10:44 AM   #3
H00sierDaddy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundincircles View Post
Try service techniques in chandler off Roosevelt.
I'll check them out. Thanks.
H00sierDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2013, 09:24 AM   #4
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Tell them Karl sent you.
aroundincircles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.