Need AZ opinions: bedlining the Jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Need AZ opinions: bedlining the Jeep

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 07-05-2011, 02:30 PM   #1
skydiver30960

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Need AZ opinions: bedlining the Jeep

So, I'm resolved to Monstaline the Jeep. It is one of an ever-growing list of projects I'll undertake if I can ever get word back from the bank about an offer we have in on a place (with a 3-car garage, no less!). Here's why I'm writing:

I didn't know I was moving to Arizona when I bought my Jeep (in VA at the time). So, now I'm "that guy" driving around in a black TJ, with a black top, with the charcoal/black interior. And (at the moment) no garage. Because of this, I'm considering monstalining in colors other than black.

Give me your input about your lining experience and how it has affected the temperatures in your Jeep, specifically with the top off.

Did you use a color other than black? If so, what did you use? Do you feel your choice of color helped keep the floorboards and interior from getting crazy hot?

Did you use black? If so, how bad does it seem to heat up in the AZ sun?

The two colors I'm looking at (besides black) are the "light quartz gray" and "medium quartz gray," shown here:

http://www.monstaliner.com/forms/monstaliner_colors.htm

Some paint chips arrived today. Here they are next to the center console:

And here resting on the passenger's side chicken handle:

I definitely like the look of the medium quartz better, but it's noticeably darker and worry that it'll be just that much hotter in the sun.

Weigh in!

Ike

I will NOT calm down! Machine guns affect my ability to perform and I do NOT like that! -- Ricardo Tubbs

The world is a mess... and I just need to RULE it. -- Dr. Horrible

Machete don't txt. -- Machete
skydiver30960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2011, 04:39 PM   #2
dslywalker
1983 CJ7 

I'd go with the Quartz.The red clay soil out here would turn the other to yuk in no time.I think i talked to you before on this but i have a black bedliner spray in mine.Had it done local and it gets hot but you can hold your hand on it.Quartz would probably be a little cooler and less to show dirt.
I think the texture of the material is what makes it cooler.Kinda like the cool deck they spray on swimming pool decks.
dslywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2011, 01:05 PM   #3
bipolar_god
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I have black in my jeep and it does not seem to affect it any, I love it
pm me if you need any help or info
Unread 10-11-2011, 05:50 PM   #4
WindKnot
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ7 

I like the darker grey. Do yourself a favor and take LOTS of pictures BEFORE you do it so when you sell the Jeep you can show you're not covering up rust. Lining is something you want to do to your Jeep, not necessarily what you want to buy with your Jeep.
Unread 12-01-2011, 10:54 AM   #5
timekpr5
2004 TJ Wrangler 

What did you decide? I have black Line-X and love it
timekpr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2011, 04:18 PM   #6
skydiver30960

1999 TJ Wrangler 

I've decided to wait until I have a garage! Unfortunately that won't happen until sometime early in 2012 (mid Feb, probably).

If I was going to pull the trigger today, I'd go with the darker of the two shades.

Ike

I will NOT calm down! Machine guns affect my ability to perform and I do NOT like that! -- Ricardo Tubbs

The world is a mess... and I just need to RULE it. -- Dr. Horrible

Machete don't txt. -- Machete
skydiver30960 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.