Moss Wash and Mansion run. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Moss Wash and Mansion run.

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-29-2012, 12:38 PM   #1
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Moss Wash and Mansion run.

Still hot out and looking to wheel somewhere a bit cooler. If you have never been on this trail in North Az it is one of the few that offer lenght of run at anywhere from 2.5-3.0-( 3+easy 4), is there such a thing? Starts out in the high desert 20 miles north of Kingman and ends in the Hualapai mountains. 20 mile run, 3 can be crawling.

Depending on the group we could just go to the mine and back makes the run faster and end where you start(if you tow). Just do the crawling in and out, that 3 mile area. Or we could go to the top eat in the lodge have a beer. You can camp there if you like on the trail, campgrounds. one camp ground about 3/4 the way up is very nice(small fee).

If the want to test your rock skills for harder trails in the furure, this trail has fun areas practice, or bypass.

I am thinking sept. open for days. Time of start would depend on what idea works.

Unread 09-02-2012, 02:00 AM   #2
polo196
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I would be interested but it has to be a monday or tuesday, and not the last week of Sept i have rifle instructor class.
Yellow Jeep Club Member [FONT="Century Gothic"]#196[/FONT]
polo196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2012, 08:33 AM   #3
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Hey polo, I have a club meeting this tuesday and i will see if any might want to go. I was thinking can you ask Joan if any of the BH group, might want to go? We had a fun time last time out, she lead the group. Lets look at 10th or 11th? This monday might be a short notice,

Yea I am more into week days my self and it has to be in the first two weeks of sept. Oct 4, I m heading out to moab for 3 days wifes last vacation for the year. I only have me ans 1 other and 1 more possible, right now.

With all the rain i bet moss wash's spring will be running rather well, might make some of the trail much harder.
Unread 09-02-2012, 04:26 PM   #4
polo196
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'll ask, a few of the members are drifting back into town now that the hottest days, (are) or should be behind us. The 10th would be great. I teach at MCC on Tuesday nights at 7... I don't think I would care much about teaching after being out in the heat all day. I hope it's wet.
Unread 09-03-2012, 10:05 AM   #5
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

The 10th it is then. Funny that what the old lady said last nit too.

It would be nice to start early?( iam open for time too) 7/8/9 am at Loves gas up. air down at the trail head. Have you been on the hard start(real moss wash start)? Joan lead me through this. She also showed how to get through the hard areas, abit easier on this. Few areas have no go around but the line you pick can make a hard 3 a 4. The normal trail has go arounds and with all this rain we may need them if we cant get over the steps when they get real slimmy. but it will be a whole lot fun to try. You ever do the big step just pass the manson its last obstical. most by pass it, its alot of fun too. I have made it no issue and got hung up on it too. Heck i got hung up in the boulder field trying a new line.
Unread 09-03-2012, 06:10 PM   #6
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Polo I just just talked Joan. Sounds like she is IN and is going to make a few calls of the members. sounds like we have a possi(3-4) She was a little worried about how wet it might be I hope the springs is pouring my self. Should be very green up there right now.

could be buggy too. last time i was running from yellow jackets. I think its the color of my Jeep. With your Yellow Jeep every damn bee/wasp is going be tracking us.

I should hear back from Joan tonite as to how many more. But no matter even 3 is fine. nice tight packs are great. I also am waiting to hear from a local that might want to test his blazer.
Unread 09-03-2012, 06:34 PM   #7
polo196
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, I'll call Joan and coordinate with her.

Yeah, I was coming back from Vegas one day on the 93 and a whole swarm of bees attacked my jeep. It was like getting hit with pea gravel. I guess they thought I was the mothership or something. Took forever to get them cleaned out of the radiator fins.
Unread 09-04-2012, 04:15 PM   #8
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

9:00 a.m. (leave at 9:30) Monday at Love’s Truck Stop – DW Ranch Road Exit 59, off I-40 is going to be the meeting spot. This is one stop before the turn off Blake Ranch Road(last gas).

If anyone else wants to run this do not forget, Bring water, food for a quick lunch at the mansoon. Should be good run.
Unread 09-04-2012, 06:05 PM   #9
polo196
2004 TJ Wrangler 

See you there.
Unread 09-10-2012, 09:26 PM   #10
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

We waited till about 9:30, hope everything is ok polo.

Great run the temps were 72 and by noon we had a liitle rain nothing to much. Joan lead the hard way and we ran every obstiical except the last fall was topped in mud so we went around it. The rain has made the trail harder i think over all, better.
Unread 09-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #11
polo196
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ya sorry, daughter wrecked car. Shes ok, but had to find new tire and rim today. Hope u had a great time. How many showed up?
Unread 09-11-2012, 10:58 PM   #12
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

At least she is not hurt. Sounds like you can get it running too.

Just Joan and Phil in her Jeep and us. man the the trail is getting over grown, very green, you can hear it grow.
Unread 10-15-2012, 09:03 PM   #13
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Found the picks from the run. It was only Joan and us. Fearless is she in that Cj. the trail is getting over grown too.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.