Moss Wash Kingman - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Moss Wash Kingman

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOconeeoffroad.com Prothane bushing sale Blowing out inventPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 01-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #1
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Moss Wash Kingman

Just got back from moss wash: was a recon mission and just my Jeep and a rider. So we took it very easy and used all go arounds. great trail, a few iced spots on north facing shaded areas near the top. The manson is very cool.

So if you want to do this trail and not do the harder spots you can and its rather easy trail with ever hard spot has a go around. If you want to do the 4 hard spots best to have at least 2 Jeeps.

trail marker

This spot is a 5 foot drop hardest of the hard spots, looks like some left a drive shaft.

the manson

222Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2012, 08:21 AM   #2
ericksin
1982 CJ7 

Very cool, I enjoy coming across old buildings and mining camps on the trails.

........Nice jeep too
Unread 01-14-2012, 01:10 PM   #3
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

yea this trails has alot too, that mansion is about 13 miles in about 100 years old and was poured in place to boot. Stll could stay in it(though DO NOT ITS under BLM), has a fire place that works still by the looks of it. 6 rooms i think. Lots of wild life too, seen 5 doe that you could almost rope from the road. the trail total off road was about 30 miles? give or take a few side roads. going back with some other jeeps and give all but one of the hard spots a go, not to hard really just not when you are alone. that one spot is nasty for a JK, more for very moded long wheel or a buggy. we used to live your way about 15 years ago.

Thanks the jeep is/was new. Just getting it into shape.

222Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 10:20 PM   #4
Aaron0028
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Very cool pictures seems like a cool trail
Aaron0028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 10:20 AM   #5
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Well went back to this trail with 35"s on my jeep and did all the obsticals what a great trail this is the last waterfall is a fun obstical that might be a 3.25. A forum user here that is from Illinois(user name "The Boss") on a road trip meet up with me for the run great day out on what is the gem trail of the Hualapai Mountains. Boss took the photos so when he gets back home I am sure the pics will come.
Unread 03-06-2012, 08:26 AM   #6
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Well we got in last night and I started running through some of the picts. from the run. Here are a few teaser photos I'll post more later I need to clean out the Jeep from the roadtrip and try getting some of the "pinstriping" off.

Thanks again for guiding us through the trail we had a fantastic time and it was a pleasure meeting you. I'm still amazed how well your Jeep walked right through the waterfall, you really have that suspension dialed in!

Doc making it look easy walking right through the hardest obstacles
397.jpg
399.jpg

some shots of us in "the rough stuff"
387.jpg
355.jpg

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 11:14 AM   #7
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

It was very cool to meet up with a member of this forum so far from home too, out on a great longer trail. Pluss it went well, on time and no one got stuck or flat.

The Manzanita was a bit tight there for a few miles, hope its not to much Manzanita loven.

Was great meeting you and your wife and dog. Hope she is not to mad about the trail's roughness
Unread 03-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #8
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Found a Project Jk video feature of this trail. Winter time makes trail a bit harder too, wet rocks, some snow at times. dry this year, well amost

Unread 03-13-2012, 03:10 PM   #9
SheRoxx
2012 JK Wrangler 

This looks like it would be great to do!
SheRoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 02:14 PM   #10
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheRoxx View Post
This looks like it would be great to do!
it is a very good trail, might be the best in this area of kingman. But it is long, can be rough even the "easy" way is medium rated trail. Your stock rubi would make it seem easy if you go around the 3 main obsticals. You could do the main obsticals but with stock32"s you will be hitting rocks a bit on the under side. the 3rd obstical there is real chance on body damage if you get into the driverside wall to close and in the rear when it goes a bit virtical. in a new Jeep most will take the go around unless you are willing to risk it.

We have a few local events going on this time of year. this week end is the sidewinders desert run. they are running all local trails, guided from mild to wild. small fee.

The end of this month we at parker 4x4 are running the(small fee for charity, pluss you can will half the poker pot) hard core poker run, this event is also a special event for the wounded warriors program that will have 4 wounded vets, ride along with our hard core buggy/ Jeep group includes hotel. These runs are not for the faint of heart and are very hard 4-4+/5 rated trails. We will also have a other runs as well for the regular jeepers like us. trails from 2.5-3+.

Hope this helps.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.