Moab Oct 4-8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Moab Oct 4-8

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 08-17-2012, 01:11 PM   #1
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Moab Oct 4-8

Weather is going to be 50's at night and 70's, so they say. looks like no rain. If interested or in the area pm to get times. Az meets in Flag as the last convoy point on the 4th early in the am time still open but looking like 8am.

Unread 09-26-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Just an update on this run.
Unread 10-07-2012, 04:43 PM   #3
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Moab was very nice, a bit cool in the am topless. First day we ran poison spider to Golden spike.
Bob lead and that was fun to watch he almost rolled more times than i can count.

Poison Spider: ok.

,Golden spike: Great trail man so many fun obstcals. Golden Crack was very good, its just bob and me so i figure we going to try all hard spots at least one time. you can bypass most anything but not all. Golden is a hard trail they rated it 4+ but its not or i would be dead. 4+ around here is like the kinda wheeling you will not do in any jeep that is not more a buggy on 40"s with 1 tons and you do not care about flops. So its way doable, just need to be rather carefull go real slow and you will have no issue. They have names for the other obsticals. One will be a issue if you plan to get out and not have to turn around to go out spider. Its a fall about 7 feet? no go around.

Next day Hells Revenge trail and moab rim, wow. That is one steep groove, i would have never tried that if its was granit. My wife was so scarred when our Jeep High wheeled at the head wall a wee bit, she wanted to screem but could not. It is a long way to flop too, like way to long and the hardest part is so near the top. Yea that was cool, made first try no spotters, heck no body else would run it just us and a few sand buggys, 2x4's. So some lady took pics and will send them to us when they get back home. So off to the Escollater, ya sure, not in my 012, not yet. Great trail but they charge 5 bucks to run out there. Worth it.

The pics are in reverse Pb is to hard to reorder, sorry.
Moab run 2012

Will be back next year.
Unread 10-09-2012, 08:53 PM   #4
ericksin
1982 CJ7 

WoW, Nice... You guys took a lot of good pics
Unread 10-10-2012, 12:43 PM   #5
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericksin View Post
WoW, Nice... You guys took a lot of good pics
My wife took these with here phone mostly as we were rolling, going up hells gate she was like Velcro on the grab bar, pics were the last thing she was thinking but we got some of bob. we only stopped if you had to look first. I think that was one time near the last thing on spike that is where we played with those huge rocks(for 35"s) next to that 7 foot ramp. Bob about turned that ol yj over a few times trying the harder ways. we all just went up the ramp in the end. I waited in line to do Golden crack, some about rolled hitting it with to much angle. The line was at the wrong angle so waiting you would not see this in a line of wagons and Jeeps. When irolled up i knew it felt wrong. So turned hard right before so i could see into it with out getting out. Yep, much better. I hardly even high wheeled.

On the car wash? a pack of wagons were ahead the last guy in that white one right at the head wall. The rear window falls out as it bottomed out and he gave her pedal. gate flies open cracked the fram at all courners of the gate. I though at first a rider(it has like 4 guys in it and gear) may come with all the gear. stuff is rolling everywhere. Always strap your gear down! if you roll anything in a Jeep that is not tied down can hurt you or shift and bouce around even on the trail.

Hope the lady on top of Hells gate sends us the pics of me going over the top she was in a very good place to be waiting.

Next year! maybe, sure is a fun place to play.
Unread 10-13-2012, 09:14 PM   #6
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Turns out the wagons we ran around out in Moab are the NAXJA group. I was looking through there pics after joining. When I was waiting for them to cross/play golden crack they were videoing all of it. Anyway looks like I made the final cut too, right at the end of the video. Thats my wife hanging on there, like she is about to be told she must jump from the side of a chopper.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.