Looking for some local info around Prescott - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Looking for some local info around Prescott

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-30-2011, 10:40 PM   #1
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

Looking for some local info around Prescott

Hey guys, Im trying to find some local info around the prescott area. My mom grew up in the early '40s at a whistle stop on a Santa Fe rail line in the mountains outside of Prescott. She thought the name of it was Angel. She remembered going back in the '50s as a kid, and the road to it was laden with volcanic rock, as she recalled. I cant find anything on it. I thought maybe some of you know of a 4wd trail or something that may match what Im talking about? From the sounds of it, it had to be a rail line that ran from prescott, and thru this camp, or whistlestop in the mountains.

streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2011, 01:39 PM   #2
fueljunkie
2011 JK Wrangler 

My father in law grew up around here and retired from the forest service. I'll see if I can get the info for you.
fueljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2011, 06:33 AM   #3
fueljunkie
2011 JK Wrangler 

Do you have an idea what direction? I asked father inlaw and he never heard of it.
fueljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2011, 06:54 AM   #4
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

l'll have to pick her mind some more. From what I gathered, this site was not alot more then a rail road worker's village. Pretty much all workers plus the foreman.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.