Lift install in Phoenix area - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Lift install in Phoenix area

Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!TJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 03-22-2012, 06:35 PM   #16
ZJFABN
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarbucketmike View Post
LIke opinions, EVERYONE'S GOT ONE.
I have personal experience with Todd over the last two winters.
He has vast experience, welding skills are impeckable and ALL my work has been "under priced" IMO
I would not have recommended him other wise.
Facts are not opinions.

You fall into the 90% of customers that are happy with him. The other companies I listed are closer to 100%. Have you heard anything bad about the other companies? Have you used them. Just because your happy with just one doesn't mean they're the best choice. Just sayin.

Unread 03-22-2012, 08:36 PM   #17
Billy
Unlimited Ammo

1993 YJ Wrangler 

hows your search coming?

Twitter @dutchoven86
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2012, 08:46 PM   #18
SandDevil93
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJFABN View Post

4wheelerssupply is also good. Talk to Simon or Barry and don't forget to mention the %10 VJC discount (i think I've seen you around there)

Don't ever trust your vehicle with four wheel parts.
Recommend 4wheeler Supply on Washington St. They're golden.
4 wheel parts in Mesa, I won't go there again.
SandDevil93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2012, 09:46 PM   #19
thatoneguyaz
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy View Post
hows your search coming?
I have an appointment at Desert Fab on Wed of this coming week!
It was between Desert Fab and Letzroll Offroad - It was hard to chose but Todd is doing an alignment after as well which is included in the price - and I don't think Letzroll Offroad offered me anything like that. The only part that really sucks is how far away Desert Fab is
Unread 03-23-2012, 11:05 PM   #20
ZJFABN
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatoneguyaz View Post
It was between Desert Fab and Letzroll Offroad - It was hard to chose but Todd is doing an alignment after as well which is included in the price - and I don't think Letzroll Offroad offered me anything like that. The only part that really sucks is how far away Desert Fab is
An alignment is part of the install. It has to be done or you wouldn't be able to drive it after the install. Hope Todd didn't act like it was a favor. Any honest shop will tell you its part of the install.

Letzroll is closer. Just sayin. I guarantee you won't be disappointed!
Unread 03-25-2012, 08:37 PM   #21
thatoneguyaz
2004 WJ 

Quote:
An alignment is part of the install. It has to be done or you wouldn't be able to drive it after the install. Hope Todd didn't act like it was a favor. Any honest shop will tell you its part of the install.

Letzroll is closer. Just sayin. I guarantee you won't be disappointed!
I see. No not really he seemed very straight forward. It is closer but I already made the appointment.
Unread 04-04-2012, 02:37 PM   #22
ZJFABN
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
So what happen with desert fab and the alignment?
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f320/...oenix-1352484/
Unread 04-04-2012, 03:50 PM   #23
thatoneguyaz
2004 WJ 

No idea man. He told me "centered the steering wheel" .....
Unread 04-04-2012, 04:01 PM   #24
ZJFABN
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
No idea man. He told me "centered the steering wheel" .....
He might have done the rest too. You would know it if he didn't adjust the toe. And casters all that left. Usually if you follow the directions on the lift, the casters pretty close.
What's with the knocking sound that you mentioned on Vjc? Was it doing this before the install? Any good shop would have checked this out and advised you on it.
Unread 04-13-2012, 05:39 PM   #25
ajmadic
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Andrew at letzroll is the best out here in AZ.
Unread 04-13-2012, 09:21 PM   #26
thatoneguyaz
2004 WJ 

Quote:
He might have done the rest too. You would know it if he didn't adjust the toe. And casters all that left. Usually if you follow the directions on the lift, the casters pretty close.
What's with the knocking sound that you mentioned on Vjc? Was it doing this before the install? Any good shop would have checked this out and advised you on it.
Seems to be gone.
I'll be going elsewhere probably to LetzRoll or Absolute Offroad for any further work mainly because driving out that far wasn't worth it the first time, probably wont be the second.
Unread 07-18-2012, 09:43 PM   #27
thatoneguyaz
2004 WJ 

So I ended up going to Desert Fab and ever since my first run my Jeep has made all these weird suspension related sounds when turning, when on a bump trail things like that. And I'm still learning all this stuff and have little to no skills working on a vehicle. The jeep sure is teaching me though. Well anyway I discovered last night that the bolt for my drivers side control arm was never tightened properly. And was almost all the way out, caused me a death wobble, a horrible tire-to-bumper rub, and a jacked up alignment.

The problem has been corrected now, but I don't think I made the right decision for who to install my lift.
Unread 07-18-2012, 09:46 PM   #28
EBT531
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
So I ended up going to Desert Fab and ever since my first run my Jeep has made all these weird suspension related sounds when turning, when on a bump trail things like that. And I'm still learning all this stuff and have little to no skills working on a vehicle. The jeep sure is teaching me though. Well anyway I discovered last night that the bolt for my drivers side control arm was never tightened properly. And was almost all the way out, caused me a death wobble, a horrible tire-to-bumper rub, and a jacked up alignment.

The problem has been corrected now, but I don't think I made the right decision for who to install my lift.
Did you check the bolts after the first couple hundred miles and after the 1st real trail? Mine loosened up a couple times then have been good ever since
Unread 07-19-2012, 06:13 PM   #29
222Doc
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

If the bolts were set to spec, no way the way this should have come apart, matter of fact even if he was on 4's+. But to oneguyaz, as a RULE of being an "Jeeper" is to know your ride it is your horse. ANY thing feels funny, you stop and check. After runs its a good idea to take look under for loose bolts, bent stuff.

If this happened right away after the lift was installed they left a loose bolt/. lucky no one got hurt. Did they fix this? any wobbled out ruined parts looks like it from the way its jacked up
Unread 07-21-2012, 12:46 PM   #30
ZJFABN
1996 ZJ 

Thatoneguyaz,
Clear your pm box. I can't reply to your pm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.