Kid Friendly Runs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Kid Friendly Runs

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 10-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #1
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

Kid Friendly Runs

Although I have been here longer, I mostly run with and enjoy the JKO Tucson crowd ( I am Catfish over there and on AZVJC). Unfortunatley for my wallet much of what they do I am not adequately built for and few bring their younger kids. We like to play in the creeks and ghost towns but have had little luck here posting runs in the past. Anyone else like kid friendly daytrip, camping and exploration runs, with moderate obstacles? Lets talk trails.

One day soon I will be heading back up FSR 643 on the backside of Pusch Ridge and will post it. This is a very little used/known trail, with great views and a few tough spots. when I scouted it I was alone so I didn't go too far and want to see the rest.

"Seems like alot and I can't say for a fact that it was all needed but that's what happens from reading forums." Jimk403
gsaxe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2013, 04:14 AM   #2
06LJDogg
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I'd be down. I have a six year old boy who has come with me. Weather getting to be perfect.
2006 LJ: 4.0 w/auto trans, RE SF 3.5" w/RE monotubes and adj.track bars, 33x12.5 Baja MTZs on MT Classic IIIs, D30 w/Powertrax No-Slip, D44 w/Detroit Truetrac, and 4.56s. Like most everyone else, a list of wants and "to do's" as $$$ and time permits.
06LJDogg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #3
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

Great, thanks for the reply, my son is 8 and good with all ages. He has been on many runs and camping trips since he was about 4. I am not an experienced trail leader but have done most of the named routes around Tucson at least once, I also know a whole lotta remote Az. Any dates or trails in mind? I'd like to post something soon for nov/dec.

"Seems like alot and I can't say for a fact that it was all needed but that's what happens from reading forums." Jimk403
Unread 10-17-2013, 04:34 PM   #4
06LJDogg
2006 LJ Wrangler 

My boy will be 7 yrs old in December, so pretty close. He also gets along with other kids, especially if they like Mine Craft He does okay, the couple of times I have taken him off roading, but sometimes I think he gets bored of the slow pace. Though he does like it when we stop and look around.

I was thinking either 11/09, 10, or even 11 (I'm off work for Vet's Day) is good. I'm fine with any trail, I've never done that FSR 643 so that would be cool with me. I've only done a few trails around here over the years, mostly alone or with one other vehicle, so I'm definitely not an experienced trail leader.
2006 LJ: 4.0 w/auto trans, RE SF 3.5" w/RE monotubes and adj.track bars, 33x12.5 Baja MTZs on MT Classic IIIs, D30 w/Powertrax No-Slip, D44 w/Detroit Truetrac, and 4.56s. Like most everyone else, a list of wants and "to do's" as $$$ and time permits.
Unread 10-18-2013, 12:55 PM   #5
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

Oh he likes Mine Craft alright, that's for sure! I'll see if I can get clearance that weekend! Then depending on how much time we want to spend we can pick a trail and I will post it up here and JKO. Couldn't hurt to have more experience along, although nice to keep it small. I am good with trail finding, not so much repairing broken chit, although i have winch etc.

Unread 10-20-2013, 08:48 AM   #6
Stomper9
2002 WJ 

I am planning a Fall Colors run on Sunday the 27th up by Flagstaff. We will probably be leaving Phx 8-9 in the morning. Would be bringing my gf and her daughter, plus a few others from this board.
Stomper9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 03:04 PM   #7
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

sounds great stomper. we just got back from a wedding in hart meadow. izzat the 27th of october?

Unread 10-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #8
Stomper9
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsaxe View Post
sounds great stomper. we just got back from a wedding in hart meadow. izzat the 27th of october?
Yeah thinking this coming Sunday the 27th of Oct. May post run in VJC also.
Unread 10-23-2013, 10:43 PM   #9
Stomper9
2002 WJ 

Anybody in for the run?? Probably plan on leaving Phx around 8:30, have lunch on the trail and dinner in Flag or Phx whichever works out.
Unread 10-24-2013, 08:34 AM   #10
SCAN-MAN

Sorry, can't make it, my kid has a hockey game...next time
SCAN-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 11:40 AM   #11
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

I'm out too on the colors trip, too far without planning ahead, but thanks, gonna be a beautiful trip!

I am planning to be at Florence Fest the weekend of Nov 16 with the Tucson JKO Crew and still want to get out locally before that either the weekend of the 2d or 9th. What up Dogg?

Where you at SCAN_MAN?

Unread 10-24-2013, 05:30 PM   #12
SCAN-MAN

Phoenix
SCAN-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 11:17 PM   #13
06LJDogg
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I'm down for weekend of the 9th...I'd prefer Sunday though, if possible.
Unread 10-28-2013, 04:45 PM   #14
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

The ninth is not looking good, gonna do a weeked trip with the family for vets day.......

Unread 10-28-2013, 10:22 PM   #15
06LJDogg
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I have plans for weekend of 2nd. I can do something week of 16th if you can't do Vet's weekend. Weather getting perfect!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.