Job opportunity in PHX - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Job opportunity in PHX

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdGear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4

Unread 08-28-2013, 05:37 AM   #1
Mello03
2013 JK Wrangler 

Job opportunity in PHX

Guys I'm looking for input on Phoenix. I posted this on another forum as well. My wife and I used to live out West (she's from So. Cal and I used to live in Sac and Reno.) we have lived in NC for almost 6 years and I have loved it at times but have always missed the wide open, mountains, skiing, lack of mosquitoes, and general attitude of the people. Living in the Bible Belt is really not my thing. We are pretty liberal in our social views....yadda yadda. Anyway, we were hoping to get back but to NV but I have to take a job in a metropolitan city. What are the drawbacks and advantages of PHX besides the traffic and oppressive heat? I was just at the Wild Horse Resort this summer and I really missed the desert. In Reno the nights were awesome with not much humidity. Same here? We are mid 30s no kids and don't care about nightlife so Scottsdale scene and clubs are not a concern. Everyone seems to really like the area for the weather, food, and outdoor activities. Are they just talking it up or does everyone really like it that much? How is the skiing in Flagstaff? How's the wheelin? Camping? Any genuine input would be helpful as we don't want to make a move we'll regret.

Unread 08-28-2013, 07:15 AM   #2
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

az is a great place to wheel/camp. its mainly desert roads for easy and rocky narrow canyons for hard. plus you are not far from other places that are world class. Johnson valley area, big bear is not bad for a summer get away. heading north the Dusy area and the Rubicon. Moab. so yes we have many miles of trails. many clubs. central to most other areas meaning head any direction and in 12 hr+- you could be on the con.

our trails are rated 1-5. I think compared to most areas the system is harder than most. trust me you do not want to even think about running a new jeep on any 5. matter of fact few newer even try 4"s. body damage here is about a given at the 4 range. like I said they tend to get very narrow and steep, rock that eats sheet metal for lunch. the majority run the 2.5-3.5 on 33-35"s. 3.5-4 35"s locked are min. and will seem small. do a you tube search on trails. check out the trail list at Azvjc< join this group first free on line club for AZ. they are mostly phx people too.

I am about 3 hours north of the Phoenix. phx is like many big cites. it is very warm out hear. we don't call it hot until its over 110. once its over 120 its getting hot.
Unread 08-28-2013, 08:51 AM   #3
Mello03
2013 JK Wrangler 

Yeah, kinda what I figured about the trails and such. I'm glad to hear all the trails haven't been closed and they're still accessable. We don't mind the heat, as long as it cools off at night. Last time I was there it was during the day and high 80s at night. I though that was out of the norm? Maybe not.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.